Fun day at a cooking class lol

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DwarvenChef

Reaction score
My wife saw that there was a cooking class on Pho at my work and asked if we could join it. I got tickets and we had a good evening with the instructer and other "students". Durring the course of the class I had made a few comments on knife skills (instructer asked) and maintainance. As we where gathering to eat up the goodies I was apprached by a lady who organizes "Better Living" classes for a community she works with ("not a retirement villige"). I gave her my number and said I'd love to help out. Than after class I got another request for private lessons on knife skills and maintainance, LOL.

If I could make a living at this I'd LOVE it but knowing this market I'll take the random fun and keep my day job :p

So did they add any Central California herbs to their pho?

Oh and if you want to check out some really good pho in Fresno. Check out Keothep on Shaw and Brawley (I think ish). I've always been one to believe Thai restaurants are the best places for pho even though it's a Vietnamese dish. I guess it picked up more spices as the recipe traveled west.

But yeah :thumbsup: on the side job.

I miss the Basque lamb and flat bread in Fresno.

I can't vouch for what the instructor bought and where but she did get alot of the ingredients at the store we both work at, mostly local growen produce.

I just bumped into her again today at work and she wants me to come and do a knife skills class with her as well :)

Guess I better start writing down a sillibus (sp) lol

You should show the video of the cleaver lady from the Youtube Knucklehead thread as an example of what not to do. lol

You should show the video of the cleaver lady from the Youtube Knucklehead thread as an example of what not to do. lol

I was SOOOO trying to get that out of my head...

Right now I'm trying to come up with a flow chart of what I want to cover and what needs to be covered :p I find I'm lacking in the western ideology of blades and useable stones :p

I will have about 1 hour to cover the basics and find I really have to get my ideas focused on the task at hand. She wants to cook up the chickens I will demonstrate cuts on so I'mm be focusing on that system and see what comes out of it.

An edge in the kitchen by Chad Ward may help you if you haven't already read it.

An edge in the kitchen by Chad Ward may help you if you haven't already read it.

Autographed copy :) :) I love that book lol to much fun to read :p Chad added many of us in the credits.

Reminds me I ran out of copies to send off to family and friends :p

Once I get my outline finished I'll post it on this thread for review. Just incase I miss something critical :p

Autographed copy :) :) I love that book lol to much fun to read :p Chad added many of us in the credits.

Reminds me I ran out of copies to send off to family and friends :p

Good to hear. You sound well qualified:biggrin: and from the Fresno area:bigeek:
Was there about two years as a child with the freeway fog accidents, dust devils, etc.
Used to ride my Schwinn stingray down to the Clydesdale horses every morning and watch them with the carriage coming out big iron gates just like the commercials. One of the front page newspaper stories back then was hookers raise prices truckers mad. I am sure lots has changed.

Not so much really LOL

I'm only hear as long as I have to, or till my wife gets done with her school... Can't wait to get the heck out of here ARRGGHH!!!

Lets see how many of them I can convert to the Dark Side /evil grin :p

Whats cool about Fresno is the abundance of fresh produce and food from different cultures. It's kind of a gem when you look at it. But don't stare for too long, someone will car jack you.

Back