Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

Fish (Greg Crowton) was one of the first kick off members over @ ITK/KF. He became the first moderator there. He is most well known for all the innovative rehandle work he did in only a couple of years time. Seems like he re-handled just about everything that was known to us back then.

Unfortunately Fish has passed away but his work still remains. If you've got a re-handled Fish knife or know of pictures of Fish's work please post it here. Let's build a gallery for him. :smile1:

Dave

I believe this was his first ever, purchased by Cujo.

This might have been #2.

I remember really digging the coffin styled handle.

Only one Fishy knife, a gigantic 240mm Masahiro carbon santuko. Got it from a KF member some years ago. I really cherish it and ain't never gonna sell it.

For some stupid resason, imageshack won't let me upload.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

I'm looking forward to this gallery! I believe he left before my time, so you guys will be more than reminiscing--I'm seeing this stuff for the first time! Like showing the real Star Wars to kids who've only seen the new ones.

Here are the two I have left: One Hiro AS 240 with koa, red palm and a copper spacer, and one Takeda 210 with koa, red palm spacer and mango ferrule.

Old pics, I'll take new ones soon (after I cleaned the rust from the Takeda - well, not bad, actually).

Stefan

P.S. Dave D., to the right of the pic you should have a button for embedding pictures, just cut and paste the link in thee 'forum' category.

Here's the knives gifted to me by the KF forum members. Fish did rehandles on the Suien cleaver & Watanabe gytuo.