Quantcast
Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

Another work of art has changed hands, and I just wanted to share some pics with the rest of the forum. It's a Masahiro M3 cleaver,and the wood is Brazilian cherry with brass furniture and a mosaic pin. I didn't have the chance to know you, but thanks, Greg!

Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of doing business with this person, and I was curious on how much he charged for his custom work?

Quote Originally Posted by goodchef1 View Post
    Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of doing business with this person, and I was curious on how much he charged for his custom work?
    Good question, I'd bet it's a lot less than those of us doing it today would charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Another work of art has changed hands, and I just wanted to share some pics with the rest of the forum. It's a Masahiro M3 cleaver,and the wood is Brazilian cherry with brass furniture and a mosaic pin. I didn't have the chance to know you, but thanks, Greg!

Is that textured ferrule, on the tip side?

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Is that textured ferrule, on the tip side?
    Marko, I looked at it, and picked at it with a dental probe. It appears to be some excess glue or epoxy. It does look a bit like texture, though.

Rick

I believe that I saw a picture of him using a homemade punch to make that texture. I don't remember exactly where, tho.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I believe that I saw a picture of him using a homemade punch to make that texture. I don't remember exactly where, tho.
    Hmm. I wonder what it is I picked at? Sealer?

Prolly some glue too!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

My camera's not the best, but I'll try to get a closer shot, with some different lighting.