Quantcast
Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

You don't even have to be a "knife nut" to have emotions stirred in you when you look at these photos. If you don't feel something move inside of you looking at these then you need to go sit in a quiet room and search yourself for what is missing. There are some real unique handles here and some of the best cleaver rehandles I have seen to date.

Dave put it in your mind as I will place it in mind that in the future I will ask of you to do a "Fish" inspired rehandle of a cleaver for a good friend of mine. Thought placed and set in motion.

Kind Regards

Bryan

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    This is SO worthy of bumping. A lot of guys (like me) who are newer around here don't know who Fish was. I only became curious about him because of his name on KF's itk. He lived in the same town in Maui that a couple of my friends live in, but I figured something was up because he hadn't posted in several years.
    All these pieces are truly beautiful works of art. If you own a Fish, you are a lucky guy!
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

I agree! One day I'll get my hands on one, and until then, I'll likely consider my collection incomplete.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Well, I traded a beautiful 330 Watanabe suji for a 270 HD gyuto with a snakewood handle with Fish many years ago. Later I sold the Fish gyuto, and now I really, really wish I still had that Watanabe suji. But I am only saying that because I have 2 more knives rehandled by Fish.

Stefan

If you're selling, let me know....
    09/06

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I agree! One day I'll get my hands on one, and until then, I'll likely consider my collection incomplete.
    I felt that same way about a year ago, and I put up a WTB thread. End story is that a very cool KKF member sold me a great knife with a Fish handle.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Fish is the master!

Thanks, K! However, I think one might have found me!

By the way, your Fish cleaver is a beaut! As boring as it sounds, I'd love a Carter with a Fish handle someday, or that UX10 that Joe C had (maybe still has). That is the exact knife that turned me onto Japanese knives, and specifically Misonos. Ah well!

For fun, and to keep this thread alive, we should say if a Fish handle is responsible for our love of beautiful knives, or even just tell everyone which is our favourite. For me, see above, though the one that I'm "looking at" keeps me coming back for more. Turns out Fish could alter blades beautifully as well.
    09/06

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Thanks, K! However, I think one might have found me!

By the way, your Fish cleaver is a beaut! As boring as it sounds, I'd love a Carter with a Fish handle someday, or that UX10 that Joe C had (maybe still has). That is the exact knife that turned me onto Japanese knives, and specifically Misonos. Ah well!

For fun, and to keep this thread alive, we should say if a Fish handle is responsible for our love of beautiful knives, or even just tell everyone which is our favourite. For me, see above, though the one that I'm "looking at" keeps me coming back for more. Turns out Fish could alter blades beautifully as well.
    I have all of the Fish handled knives I bought except two. One I bought to help the original owner out, hoping he would get out of the bind he was in but not to be. I did sell it though to someone that really lusted over it and still loves it. The other was the last knife Fish ever re-handled an Wannabe nakiri and even made me a sheath. I traded it to Dave Smith (board smith) for a cleaver block. Oh and the MX10 is still serving my wife well in the kitchen. At any rate I have a bunch still, 3 cleavers, 3 knives. I have a few other custom handled knives but only one is close to Fish's work.
    --
    Joe

Nice to hear from you again Joe!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

+ Reply to Thread