Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

Another work of art has changed hands, and I just wanted to share some pics with the rest of the forum. It's a Masahiro M3 cleaver,and the wood is Brazilian cherry with brass furniture and a mosaic pin. I didn't have the chance to know you, but thanks, Greg!

Cool score Rick and thanks for posting the detailed pictures.

Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of doing business with this person, and I was curious on how much he charged for his custom work?

Quote Originally Posted by goodchef1 View Post
    Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of doing business with this person, and I was curious on how much he charged for his custom work?
    Good question, I'd bet it's a lot less than those of us doing it today would charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Another work of art has changed hands, and I just wanted to share some pics with the rest of the forum. It's a Masahiro M3 cleaver,and the wood is Brazilian cherry with brass furniture and a mosaic pin. I didn't have the chance to know you, but thanks, Greg!

Is that textured ferrule, on the tip side?

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Is that textured ferrule, on the tip side?
    Marko, I looked at it, and picked at it with a dental probe. It appears to be some excess glue or epoxy. It does look a bit like texture, though.

Rick

I believe that I saw a picture of him using a homemade punch to make that texture. I don't remember exactly where, tho.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I believe that I saw a picture of him using a homemade punch to make that texture. I don't remember exactly where, tho.
    Hmm. I wonder what it is I picked at? Sealer?

Prolly some glue too!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

My camera's not the best, but I'll try to get a closer shot, with some different lighting.