Quantcast
Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Fish n Poi - The Original Rehandle King

Good to see you are still peeking in here, Joe! Hope all is well,

Stefan

Bump for pure awesomeness and to let memories live on.

Newer here and I can't say I knew who Fish was before randomly tripping into this thread about 30 minutes ago by way of the Buy/Sell/Trade board but I'm truly blown away by his work, you can just feel his love and passion for his work through the pics alone, can't imagine they even do it justice, must be amazing in person.

Someone else earlier ITT said something along the lines of you think you found your favorite one and wind up scrolling down a little and you're like, "Nope that's my favorite!", then you go to the next page, rinse and repeat.

If not too intrusive, how did he pass and how old was he?

R.I.P. Fish.

Don't know his exact age but he was a retired woodworker. At some point he had just disappeared from the forums, turned out he had a brain tumor and spent his last days in a hospice. Still admire his creativity.

Stefan

VERY worthy of the bump, some amazing work there. Thanks to those who shed some light on this very talented mans work

What blows me away is how he managed to do so much work that's all different yet somehow similar and made it happen in such a short period of time and at a time when no one else was even thinking about rehandling kitchen knives.

Most people don't know that Fish was approached by Bark River & AG Russell to design handles/knives for them. The deal never came to fruition but can you imagine what Fish would have come up with?

To Greg Crowton...
    Name:  beer-toast.gif
Views: 184
Size:  46.0 KB
    ..and all those he inspired!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

I'd love an actual picture book of his work, with a little blurb on the knife, handle materials, and approximate date he made it. Is this at all doable, through shutterfly, or anything? Maybe we could do it, and donate the money to the hospice he was in, or to the Brain Tumor Foundation. If this is inappropriate, please delete my post.

He was the man, and his work has served as a constant source of inspiration for me, and I know, countless others.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

That sound like a great idea if it appropriate of course. I was lucky enough to own a cleaver by the man for a very short time before we had a break-in. Thank you guys for sharing the information. I was not aware he did it in such a short time. What a visionary and a loss for us knife lovers. Rest well sir.

+ Reply to Thread