Quantcast
Need some feed back on this handle design.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some feed back on this handle design.

Need some feed back on this handle design.

Its loosely based on the Kramer "Diamond shape" handle, but a bit less angular.
    I think this one could get slimmer on the side profiles for my hand. But this is the general idea. Twin ferrule/endcap design, the square is ground down, "on the diamond" with the corners out, and a sweeping taper on both ends, the top sharps are rounded. I think it feels nice and aids a handle grip just infront or further forward with comfort and control. What do you think?

You can pinch grip on the front of the handle

Further forward

Not sure about the handle Will, but you had better get some antiseptic on that finger!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

IMO:

I like wa handle that distal taper. But then again it might be just me
    More like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7...ba90478c_b.jpg

I feel like I have better control that way and I get to use more of the hand. But then again I never tried to hold yours...

It looks nice to me, but really hard to say without feeling it in my hand.

A comfortable handle + a well chosen balance point suitable with your holding style that is adopted for the particular chore and comfortably suited with your cutting technique i suppose hopefully will become your go to knife for that task.

Not many people really analyse or realize what makes a very comfortable knife. Looks are secondary to me..

personally.. the rounding of the choil adn spine is paramountly important to me. No sharp edges on the metal and handle that will cause a callous index finger! thats no good!

I have not tested the wooded tapered wa handle to test... as I find this quest ( hopefully not a Holy Grail) interesting.. and will definitely request this handle type for the next knife.

Have fun
    \
    rgds
    D

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Its loosely based on the Kramer "Diamond shape" handle, but a bit less angular.
    I think this one could get slimmer on the side profiles for my hand. But this is the general idea. Twin ferrule/endcap design, the square is ground down, "on the diamond" with the corners out, and a sweeping taper on both ends, the top sharps are rounded. I think it feels nice and aids a handle grip just infront or further forward with comfort and control. What do you think?

You can pinch grip on the front of the handle

Further forward

It should work fine for a pinch grip.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Yeah I think that would feel nice in the pinch grip. Regular handles always have a void at 9 o'clock forcing your fingers to wrap back into the side of the handle.
    Am I the only one who searched for The Edge from U2 and ended up here?

I like it. It looks like it would be very comfortable to use and it's something a little different

Looks interesting and may be cutting edge and sell a lot. That being said when I get one of your knives to add to my collection I will go with your other style. I think your knives already border on perfection.

Many thanks for help Guys, and comments, your feedback is invaluable to me. I will continue to work on this style as an option and also offer the octagonal handle with the tapered front.