Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some feed back on this handle design.

IMO, there's a reason for the "point" running along the right side of a "D" handle. It's a matter of style but I and I assume others use that ridge to assist in canting the blade slightly when using certain cutting methods. Also when using more of a finger tip type grip when working with delicate items it's invaluable in manuvering and rotating the knife in your hand quickly. It also makes for an obvious referance point for your fingers. Also I'm not a fan of a taper at the end of a handle. The pinky and ring finger need as much leverage as possible. Cutting down the end works against that. Even most Western handles have a larger end more or less for the same reason.

I'm a big "D" handle guy for the reasons stated above.

I think it has good and bad points. The taperd ferrule on my knife has proven to be more comfortable than the traditional wa shape as it allows for my thumb and fingers to lie in a more natural position. I agree that the mid section could do with losing a bit of belly. My bigest problem is with the endcap. I simply dont think the tapering works at the rear of the handle. I think it would look much better if it ran parallel with the thinner mid section.

Thanks very much for that, its given me a bit more direction with this. So possibly a right hand left hand version, with more of a ridge on one side to fit in the hand D style, with a more rounded part on the other side. I get what your saying about the taper at the back. My thoughts with this one were for the handle to fill the hand a bit more in the front/middle to try and give more stability that way. But I'll gladly take your comments on board.

Right some feedback from you guys was great. I have made some adaptions and am very happy with the result. Its a compromise. I think it feels great. My diamond D.

Let me know what you think, I like it so much I glued it on now,

Forgot the top profile pic.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I like it.