Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 16
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Right now I'm drinking a Stumptown's Ethiopian heirloom single origin espresso roast Americano. Yum!

checked out Stumptowns site and had no clue what coffee I should order so used their side-bar and reviewed different ways to make coffee.
    I will be ordering Ethiopian heirloom single origin espresso roast - thanks Spike - now I have 2 additional sources for coffee
    PhaetonFalling and Spike, any other coffees you like from Stumptown?
    I brew espresso but also use Aeropress sometimes.

I did the Black cat coffee, forums fave etc. back in the day but have bought local since and it is costly and about time for variety - thanks

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    No arguments from Stumptown from me; not life changing, though it's been so long since I first had really good coffee. My first life changing coffee/espresso was from Vivace in Seattle. You really have to know what you are doing, but when you get it right it is pretty amazing stuff. I am not a big fan of Mokapots; can you make a good cup with it? Sure, why not. Anytime you add heat to coffee, you shorten it's lifespan, and it already has a very short lifespan...minutes at room temperature after grinding. I usually grind it, tamp, and put into my grouphead (espresso machine) within 2 minutes, then am pulling the shot within 3 minutes. Mokapots take awhile for the heat to come up, then virually perculate right? Too much heat, too much time = burnt coffee. I'm a huge fan of human ingenuity, people always find a way to make things work. BTW, to the OP if you would like some coffee but don't have the money now, PM me your address and I will send you some...Jason
    Jason

I am really ashamed - I picked up a cup at McD's drive-thru this morning... Need t get back into the swing again, still underusing my machine. I second the Vivace coffe's, had the dolce and I really liked it. Always wanted to try Black Cat but never have,

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post

checked out Stumptowns site and had no clue what coffee I should order so used their side-bar and reviewed different ways to make coffee.
    I will be ordering Ethiopian heirloom single origin espresso roast - thanks Spike - now I have 2 additional sources for coffee
    PhaetonFalling and Spike, any other coffees you like from Stumptown?
    I brew espresso but also use Aeropress sometimes.

I did the Black cat coffee, forums fave etc. back in the day but have bought local since and it is costly and about time for variety - thanks

Let's move the coffee stuff over to the coffee thread.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-thread/page12

I'll post my recommendations over there.

My newest and best knife purchase so far. Some of you might recognise the maker's mark

Sweet! Can't wait for mine.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Sweet! Can't wait for mine.
    Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    My newest and best knife purchase so far. Some of you might recognise the maker's mark[/IMG]
    Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

What is it?
    It's a 210 petty Tilman (or Rottman as he's known here) made for me. In the passaround forum 2 of his Niolox/SB1 knives are being passed around forum members