Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Congrats brother! They look pretty burnt though.
    LOL, Im learning!

I do like a DARK roast. and was shooting for a deep dark finish. Yet there is a learning curve with the Bemore. and Im Learning! lol

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I am more a fan of city+, but whatever makes your blood pressure rise brother!

BTW, a typical misconception: dark roasts actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts. The roasting process lessens the amount of caffeine in the bean by burning it off. Try it and see what I mean!
    Jason

Congrats Randy, thats a good lil unit. Ive had mine about 3 years now and it still treats me right.

I'm with Jason though, they are a lil dark for me. If there's oil forming on them, they cooked too long (yes Starbucks, I'm talking to you).

FWIW, here's my routine and a few tips I've found helpful:
    Im not very adventurous with things, I load 13.5 oz of beans and hit the 1lb button on profile A.
    I usually wait for the last pop of first crack, count to 15, and hit cool. (this generally is between 16-18min depending on bean and ambient temp)
    Sometimes, 2nd crack starts on me before, in which case I hit cool ASAP and open the door (if I'm outside).
    If its very cold, run it for 30 sec to preheat the chamber before loading the beans.

I give a 2 day rest for drip, 5 for espresso.

Mostly, just keep having fun.
    Feel free to shoot me a PM if any questions come up and I can try to help out.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Some new additions

The top item is a Dexter Kitchen Fork with some age. Next one down is an interesting chinese veggie cleaver, again with some age (it took a great edge, scary). Case XX Forge Carbon Steel 8 in. Chef Knife, never used, took a great edge. After that, a Suisin Suji from JKI, Jon and Sara are the best to deal with. Great products.

First three off the bay around the same time. Suji is from JKI.

Love that Case XX. Come nice scores. I used to have a Case 10", and it took a scary sharp edge, a kept it. You'll be happy.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

great scores bear.

my very first immersion blender! for home use. yay for this. been wanting one for two years.

my first japanese natural stone and some ebay el cheapo mini sharpening stone to keep in my knife bag

played around with the natural stone, hone a straight razor i had that i wanted to practice on. it was just a gold dollar from ebay. first time i ever got it sharp enough that i'd wanna shave with it. lol. i'm liking the stone so far!

I think this fits here, so here goes

Finally got myself a decent knife case. Cut the palm of my hand when a knife went through my old Global roll so I said enough's enough. Over here in Blighty the choices for cases are very small, but so far I'm super impressed with this one. It was actually the cheapest of all those I was looking at and the build quality and everything is awesome

steven, you got a pic of the inside? how much does it hold?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    steven, you got a pic of the inside? how much does it hold?
    Yeah here. There's actually another section like that I am not using so it holds twice as much as you can see. I'm super impressed with it. The build quality is very nice, there's velcro straps to hold everything down, it's nicely padded and there's 2 clippy straps that go over the outside of everything to keep it secure. Haven't seen any reviews or anything of them but I like it so far

+ Reply to Thread