Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Nice Score!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1385157951.440369.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  14.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1385157963.654431.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  12.4 KB

$16 shipped from Amazon! Made in Tennessee. Got it for making roti chapati, pancakes, an the likes... Have a special place in my heart for cast iron, and wife is always stoked when i get new pieces too!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1385157951.440369.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  14.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1385157963.654431.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  12.4 KB

$16 shipped from Amazon! Made in Tennessee. Got it for making roti chapati, pancakes, an the likes... Have a special place in my heart for cast iron, and wife is always stoked when i get new pieces too!
    I wish my girlfriend had the same appreciation. She's always frustrated when I use my "heavy, noisy" skillets that I can't wash with soap.

I use the same pan for pancakes.

A 1968 Vintage Tilia Foodsaver vacuum sealer. I did a lot of research on vacuum sealers and couldn't shell out for the top of the line chamber vacs and the newer ones seem to get very mixed reviews and aren't as reliable, so I opted for the older Italian-made Foodsaver. A company makes replacement parts for them and the piston vacuum pump mechanism isn't harmed by liquids -- unlike the newer models.

I have that Sansaire Sous Vide thing coming in January, so I thought I had better be prepared.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foodsaver.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	20563  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

k.,

Nice. I've also got the Sansaire coming. Need to figure out a plan of some sort.

Nice score K!

I also have a Sansaire coming and need to get on the ball finding something like this.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin -- one of my friends out east swears by the vacuum ziplocs for sous vide. I think I'll start by giving that a try, and see how it goes. Just put in my order at Amazon.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Im getting Annova circulator for Christmas, but thats supposed to be a secret which Im not supposed to know about, so keep it down round here! ;D
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    Im getting Annova circulator for Christmas, but thats supposed to be a secret which Im not supposed to know about, so keep it down round here! ;D
    I think a fair amount of people cancelled their Sansaire order (pledge) when they delayed a couple of months. The Anova looks sweet too, and it is available now at the same price, which is nice. But it isn't a bit concern for me as I don't think I will be using it much until January anyhow.

With that said, Anova has a history of precision lab equipment versus the start-up Sansaire. Serious Eats gave them both good marks though. I am focusing more on the vacuum sealer and torch right now. I think I am going to get the Iwatani torch to sear the meat.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson