Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Yeah you should do the outside too so it wouldn't rust. I don't know about the handle though cause on the regular ones there is a silicone coating of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I am a little worried about getting my Sansaire circulator with all the delays. Anova might be on the horizon.
    Me too. Funds are tight, so I'll have to wait and pray on the Sansaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Mom hit it out of the park on this one:

Now....how do you guys like to season these? booklet says, heat on stovetop, smear with oil, pour out, wipe until just moist, cool, put away.

got something better?

do you only season the cooking surface on these? or the entire thing, like with cast iron?
    I have a lot of the de Buyer "Carbone Plus" pans, and love the hell out of them. I like to season inside and out initially -- don't need to worry about an acidic splash on the outside that way. I season mine in the oven. Heat to 140, smear with oil and wipe it all off (leaving a film), put in the oven and raise the temp to 450. Leave it for 90 minutes, then turn the heat off and let it come down to room temp in the oven over several hours. 4 or 5 coats initially, and you'll find that you can cook acidic foods in it without a reactivity problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post

There's another link posted by Sam Cro in the Cast Iron Cookware thread currently that's essentially the same as in this link but with some basic though convincing science behind it. Flax seed oil's the go apparently. I've done mine so far with a mixture of coconut oil and ghee but I'll be re-coating very soon. Good timing because I've just 'corroded' the coating on one of my pans by making a batch of sugo. The acidity of the tomatoes just seem to have dissolved the coating. Just hope the flax seed oil coating will be tougher.

This is after about 8-10 coats. Not perfect, but not bad for the first try using a totally new approach.

Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Looks amazing!
    Fudoushin Bujinkan Dojo: http://fudoushin.com/

Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389494113.251914.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  9.9 KB

Along with the Anova circulator, I got one of these bad boys for Christmas. I've used them for various theatrics at work before, but didn't have much faith until reading through The Modernist Cuisine and picking up some new techniques. Everything is smoked now. Smoked Maldon, butter, beer, bourbon (as seen in picture), cured salmon, oil, pepper, foie, fresh mozz, just about every other cheese you can imagine...and even smoked water. (Interesting way to blanch vegetables) I vote for this little gadget. It's even better if you're a member of the Williams-Sonoma Professional Chefs program and get 20% off, which makes it $80.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    DANG that's a clean kitchen. Ours isn't disgusting or anything, but that bad boy is SPOTLESS.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

Nothing fancy but I love them and got a good deal. Vintage Sab steak knives

Cheese set

Granny fork

Erilyn75 : can you tell me where you purchased the cheese set?

Thank you.

Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    Nothing fancy but I love them and got a good deal. Vintage Sab steak knives

Cheese set

Granny fork

I see, I like, I cut!