Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Willaims-Sonoma has several sets $70.00 & up

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/...cheese-knives/

Quote Originally Posted by V1P View Post
    Erilyn75 : can you tell me where you purchased the cheese set?

Thank you.

Ferry
    eBay

I'll see if they have anymore. He had several when I bought them for $30 shipped

Thank you everyone. My cousin gave me his Global cheese knife he has only used once, it is practically brand new.

Let's keep this thread going, I love seeing cool kitchen stuff. It has the potential of becoming the 'things I want but don't really need' thread haha.

Ferry
    I see, I like, I cut!

I finally bought a Spring USA Blackline SwissSteel 12.5 inch frypan. I've been wanting to try one for a long time (though I didn't exactly need more carbon steel pans!). Should ship in three weeks, or so.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I finally bought a Spring USA Blackline SwissSteel 12.5 inch frypan. I've been wanting to try one for a long time (though I didn't exactly need more carbon steel pans!). Should ship in three weeks, or so.
    That's how I felt when I ordered my Turk pans. Now you have me researching these... Your a bad influence

posts like these makes me buy stuff i didn't even know existed.

I was going to buy a 12 inch All-Clad MC2 skillet, but I had a $120 SLT gift card (well, my wife had it, and was nice enough to let me have it), so I bought a Demeyere Industry 5 32cm fry pan. It's really nice! Performance isn't as good as my tinned Mauviel 12 inch, of course, but it's all purpose, unlike the tinned copper, so it's perfect (performs much better than the 12 inch SLT triply skillet that I was using). It doesn't have as much slope on the sides as some pans I own, so it gives lots of surface area (the previous SLT 12 inch might have been 8.5 inches at the bottom). I'll still likely grab my 12 inch Vollrath aluminum first, but this is a great pan that I can use with anything, and I'll use it a lot. Need to find a 32cm lid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I was going to buy a 12 inch All-Clad MC2 skillet, but I had a $120 SLT gift card (well, my wife had it, and was nice enough to let me have it), so I bought a Demeyere Industry 5 32cm fry pan. It's really nice! Performance isn't as good as my tinned Mauviel 12 inch, of course, but it's all purpose, unlike the tinned copper, so it's perfect (performs much better than the 12 inch SLT triply skillet that I was using). It doesn't have as much slope on the sides as some pans I own, so it gives lots of surface area (the previous SLT 12 inch might have been 8.5 inches at the bottom). I'll still likely grab my 12 inch Vollrath aluminum first, but this is a great pan that I can use with anything, and I'll use it a lot. Need to find a 32cm lid, though.
    Did you also consider the Demeyere Atlantis, but preferred the I5 perhaps due to value? I believe that Zwilling owns them and is now coming out with its similar (identical?) Sensation line. Also, can you tell me which model Vollrath (which I think owns Wear-Ever) you have (67112?), and whether you prefer the Demeyere even though you say you'll "still likely grab" your Vollrath first?

Just got me one if these puppies:

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    Just got me one if these puppies:

Nice, have you tried one of the cuisinart ones that attach to the mixer, if so I'd love to hear a comparison