Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Well, I have not used this new Ueda board just yet, but have been using smaller Asahi boards for about three years now. James' description is that Ueda board is a little softer than Asahi board.

So I think if it is for normal cutting, slicing, it will hold up fine. It should be fine for small mincing and bone chopping work, but it would depends on how gingerly your hands are. These boards can be sanded to clean up surface, so even though it has been handled roughly, it could be brought back to life.

That knife is Shigefusa mioroshi deba 210mm.

Thanks Schanop.

And I thought it wax a pretty deba!
    "I'd better change my signature before I get myself into trouble..."

Quote Originally Posted by MontezumaBoy View Post
    Sweet David - having enough ice is always a ***** ... what is the capacity (in terms of the bucket)? Love the "top port" ... let us know how it works out.
    The bucket holds the equivalent of maybe 2 trays of ice. I made a bit in advance and put in the freezer in baggies, and then started it a bit before the party and put the ice into a cooler each time the bucket filled. It worked out really well -- I wound up with half a (small) cooler of ice left over at the end.

It seems like a worthwhile purchase at this point, as we can run it prior to holiday dinners, etc. so there is ice for people who like it.

Montezuma, I bow down in envy. I was notified of the date/hour they would be available, along with tips on how to select the quickest button to purchase the thing. I was too slow. You're right, a few minutes and they're gone. I know they're expensive, but, to me, well worth it.

Had a buddy build me this knife rack. Still need to hang it but I couldn't wait to snap a pic.

Wood in the back is something he pulled out of the salt marsh and finished.

Couldn't be more stoked for it

Last edited by cschoedler; 01-26-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Tried to resize image

Sorry for the super crappy/huge picture

Cool but why would you cover all that art? Do you live in place with frequent earthquakes? If so, smart idea, if not, let those bad boys breath.

Quote Originally Posted by cschoedler View Post
    Had a buddy build me this knife rack. Still need to hang it but I couldn't wait to snap a pic.

Wood in the back is something he pulled out of the salt marsh and finished.

Couldn't be more stoked for it

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

That's not where shes going to live. Im going to mount it on the wall, and when I do Ill go saya-less.

Just snapped a pic last night to send to the guy who made it with it leaning on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    A couple of knife blocks from a very nice gentleman in Canada at beardbrotherswoodworking@gmail.com

A couple dings from shipping, but i am very happy with the results!

Attachment 31901Attachment 31900Attachment 31899Attachment 31902Attachment 31903Attachment 31904Attachment 31905Attachment 31906
    What are the measurements on your stands? I've been talking with Jordan about having one made, then he asked me for a size and I have no idea what to tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by ewebb10 View Post
    What are the measurements on your stands? I've been talking with Jordan about having one made, then he asked me for a size and I have no idea what to tell him.
    I recall his were about half the size of mine but a bit less tall too, so probably about 12-13"W and 17"T.

Mine was 24"W and about 18"T, I think 8"D and the base is about 2". The space for the handle was a bit over 150mm as that's the largest wa handle I have. There's about 10" of wood above on mine so it can hold a 270mm yo-handled knife but wa-handled are usually a bit longer so the tip will stick off.