Thread: Thermapen

Thermapen

So I have posted their sales before but this one is the best I have seen: http://www.thermoworks.com/specials/...ode=&tag=&atc=

OMG!!!!

!@#$!#@$!@#%!@^%^!@%!!!!!

i just friggen bought one last week!! ARGGHH!!!! so i believe this sale is directly related to the fact that i bought on last week. you can thank me

seriously. California is in the biggest drought. so..i wash and wax my cars. last week..mid week. full on rainstorm. hahha.

i bought a Thermapen for a buddy as a baby shower gift. you know. checking milk temps 3 seconds at a time. it's crucial..(he is a BBQ meat freak)

i figured because it's called 'pen' it was actually pen sized. i was outraged when i received it. i may try the thermaPOP though.

I actually find the size nice. Fits well in my back pocket. I haven't really used one a lot since I left Cochon but for checking long cook meat temps or making cheese there is nothing I found better.

For a home cook, I think Thermapens rock. I could see the size being an issue for a pro since you need to keep it on you at all times, but it really isn't all that big (just too big for a pen/ pencil holder). We use them for roasting, grilling, baking, etc. Also for temps on formula/ milk earlier on in our toddler's career as a baby. We've given a couple as gifts, and the recipients have always been very happy with them. A sale like this is a good time to pick up a couple for future gifts.

(full disclosure -- I work for Thermapen)

(fuller disclosure: No I don't. But my wife and I are very happy customers/ users)

i love the size. i cant read the tiny numbering on the mini pens. my eyes suck.

I would love a thermapen yet I can't support a company that sells these refurb in the UK for 30GBP, and refuses to ship to America just because they sell for more here (also with exchange and shipping it ends up stupidly expensive in Canada)

I'm tempted. I have an older thermapen, which I bought used and then calibrated. I've tested it against a new one at ice water temps and at a boil, and it's pretty close, but I'm afraid that I have never gotten it completely accurate. Then again, I mostly cook sous vide these days, so it probably doesn't matter. That is a good price, though.