Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: summer corn! how ya cooking it?

summer corn! how ya cooking it?

it's here!! get the floss ready.

i love corn on the cob. what's your trick? my Persian friend..grills and dunks it into super salty water.

I'm lazy. Microwave it for 3 and a half minutes, cut off the stalk end, hold in a tea towel at the other end and squeeze it out of the husk. All the silk will stay with the husk. Butter, salt, and pepper.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

IF I'm visiting family downstate (corn and soybean farmers) we walk out to the back yard, get a big pot of water boiling and pull a few ears off the stalks, peel them and dunk in boiling water for about, oh, a minute or so. Slather with butter and a bit of salt and gorge ourselves silly.

If it's store bought I'll husk and get rid of the silks then grill just until it starts to get some char marks. Then butter and salt. OR sometimes just cojita cheese OR sometimes slather with mayo and sprinkle with hot pepper and a sprinkle of lime.

ETA - AND if you can get your hands on some Mirai consider yourself blessed! No butter needed for that stuff (but ohhh so good with it)
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

[QUOTE=

If it's store bought I'll husk and get rid of the silks then grill just until it starts to get some char marks. Then butter and salt. OR sometimes just cojita cheese OR sometimes slather with mayo and sprinkle with hot pepper and a sprinkle of lime.
    ...............Just like New York City, Just like Jerico, Pace the halls and climb the walls and get out when they blow.

Boil in very salty water 80% of the way and then finish on the grill if it is fired up. Serve with butter.
    Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

Peel back husk and remove silk. Soak in warm salted water. Grill until heavily charred around outside. Peel, drench in melted butter and put back on grill. Serve with fresh cracked pepper and more salt.

I've been addicted to steaming veggies lately, I feel like they come out sweeter. I did a very non scientific comparison between microwave vs steaming. The last time I made corn I just steamed it and ate it strait. I was sweet and tasted like corn. Good stuff. The time before that I puree'd till silky smooth and added some garlic I browned in butter. Also good.

Simple corn on the cob into boiling water for a few minutes and eat it on the cob, or cut it off the cob and mix into pico de gallo

boil it and eat it ....

Quote Originally Posted by qjlforever View Post
    boil it and eat it ....
    With a side of spam.