Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Ohh man.....i just got a 20 qt hobart !!!!!!!!!!!!!.....what the hell am i gonna make now.....I only got the dough hook with it......now i gotta get some recipes that are big enough to use in it.....so who is gonad teach me how to convert recipes.....i never understood that for the life of me.......Ryan

viva la revolucion !

WOW!!! Any size Hobart is a winner!
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Ohh man.....i just got a 20 qt hobart !!!!!!!!!!!!!.....what the hell am i gonna make now.....I only got the dough hook with it......now i gotta get some recipes that are big enough to use in it.....so who is gonad teach me how to convert recipes.....i never understood that for the life of me.......Ryan
    Congrats Ryan! I've been wanting one of those for about 5 years now. The Bosch is a champ, but to be able to whip up my dozen loaves of sourdough in one fell swoop would be the bees knees.

Dunno that I'm telling you anything you don't already know... But the preferred way to scale your recipes is to first convert the ingredients to a weight and then maintain the ratios. You can do the ratio as weight-of-ingredient/total-weight for ease of math if you like, but the traditional bakers method would have you use a ratio with the ingredient weight over the weight of flour.

What is it you are intending to make?
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

These guys are a bit more concise...
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/profe...ercentage.html
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

wow i suck so bad at percentages and anything with decimals!....i'll have to start practicing and buy a calculator!!!.....as far as what to make...i have no idea...it is dirty so i gotta clean it up...easy fix though...i only have a hook so it'll be a dough.....i got some good recipes i like...say for pretzels.....but not all my recipes are in pounds either....some are in cups etc.....not by weight......so as -what to make....i have no idea....i have no idea how many pounds it can hold or what the smallest amount of dough u could mix is either...i need some help with this one....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    You are a dirty man, my friend.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Meat grinder attachment!

Lots of strombolis Ryan. Then send them to me!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

feel free to send me a recipe!....yeah i was thinking about trying to find some attachments cheap....meat grinder, paddle, whisk is what id need.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

does anyone know about the attachments fitting?.....do all the 20 qt's have universal fittings so any 20 qt attachment will fit another mixer?......i am obviously buying used attachments and dont wanna get stuck with something that doesnt fit.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

+ Reply to Thread