Eggs**********************************233g
    Water, warm***********************226g
    Milk, warm************************* 418g
    Butter, softened************* *** 194g
    Sugar***********************************96g
    Yeast***********************************15g
    Salt**************************************20g
    Total******************************************** 3,178g
    1. Mix all of the ingredients together with a dough hook on speed 1 for three (3) minute, then speed 2 for three (3) more minutes. Dough should clean sides of bowl. Note: I used the paddle attachment until dough became fairly firm, then switched to dough hook on my K.A.
    2. Set aside in a covered bowl for 90 minutes; fold at 45 minutes. Note: I did 2 folds at 20 minute intervals.
    3. Shape into rolls or loaves then proof covered for about an hour until almost doubled in size. Note: I divided the dough into 4 oz. pieces and shaped them using the technique shown in Mark's video. Placed them on parchment lined pans and let them final proof, covered,*until doubled in volume.
    4. Bake at 350 [deg. F.] for 35 minutes (loaves) or 25 minutes for rolls. Note: At the end of the baking cycle I used a digital probe thermometer and tested for an internal temperature of 210 deg. F.

Anybody have any idea of what would fit in the 20 qt mixer i just got.....i have no frigid idea how many pounds it can hold......i always wanted to make a portugese style roll.....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

I guess its stupid but i guess it can hold four times my five quart kitchen aid?.....i hate math!....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    I guess its stupid but i guess it can hold four times my five quart kitchen aid?
    yep.

i've done rather well, wedding gift wise, having received a nice Breville espresso machine, a Kitchen Aid Pro (with metal gear box), a Cuisinart DFP-14 and a Bodum Bistro burr grinder. the coffee stuff is great, and the Kitchen-Aid is fantastic. haven't used the Cuisinart yet, but it should be fantastic for gazpacho. i have a 2 cup Cuisinart, and any decent amount of soup is a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    I guess its stupid but i guess it can hold four times my five quart kitchen aid?.....i hate math!....Ryan
    Yeah, I'd say 20ish lbs would be about the max with a slack dough, 15 lbs for a heavy dough (1st gear only). You dont want to fill much past about 2/3 to the top. Also, 5lbs is prolly about the min batch size that will mix well.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Here's a site that will do conversions from grams to cups for individual ingredients. Type your ingredient in the "Enter Keyword" box, and hit the Search button. You'll get a list of ingredients--scroll through and select the one you want. You'll get a "Step 3" box below--enter the number of grams in your recipe, then use the "Select" pulldown and choose "cup". Click the "convert" button, and the number of cups will appear in the black box above the "Keyword" block.

Not the best laid out site, but it will do your conversions for you. You can do weight as well as volume conversions. They've got a new version out that might be better; I haven't tried it.

Now look out, here comes the math:
    Add up your total number of cups for all your ingredients, divide the result by 4, and you've got the number of quarts in your recipe.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I happen in a little store today with a bunch of Kiwi brand items and found this one of the better made one's i seen they had the one with the legs on them but boy they were small.
    and also Thai garnish knife and hand made knife from the 1940's.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

No one ,it's a kiwi coconut grater
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    that is cool. Never seen one. You always come up with some cool stuff