Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Damn Drinky, you have been loading up. And you already got a parer out of your "Which parer?" thread? How do you like Miyabi so far? Where did you get the small endgrains from?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Damn Drinky, you have been loading up. And you already got a parer out of your "Which parer?" thread? How do you like Miyabi so far? Where did you get the small endgrains from?
    Loading up = unexpected tax return.

I like the parer so far, but it has really only been tested on a couple of pounds of strawberries and is still with its box edge (+ some stropping). The boards came from Green River Woods off of etsy. The top two are thin boards, so I will see how they stand up to warping/cracking over time. I take care of them pretty well though.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Sweet! Nice score.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Loading up = unexpected tax return.

I like the parer so far, but it has really only been tested on a couple of pounds of strawberries and is still with its box edge (+ some stropping). The boards came from Green River Woods off of etsy. The top two are thin boards, so I will see how they stand up to warping/cracking over time. I take care of them pretty well though.

k.
    Like you and some other people mentioned in another thread, it would be nice to have some small/thin endgrains around for small jobs and other people to use. I don't have the space to leave a massive board setup all the time, so sometimes it would be nice to have some smaller and more maneuverable boards available.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Third. Two smallish, end-grain cutting boards; a 270 Yoshihiro Yanigiba from JKI; and a Miyabi parer via another forum member. In the background there is also a new 7.5 qt Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I bought from a tip on Rockbox's forum I think. It was an amazing price. Used it for the first time tonight.
    Is the discounted price still available for the Le Creuset? How'd you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Is the discounted price still available for the Le Creuset? How'd you get it?
    I bought mine at J&R for something insane. If I remember correctly it was around $170-180 (regularly $280). The Kiwi color is cheaper now because I think they are discontinuing it. You can still get it $20 cheaper, but it isn't that much of a discount really.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

i got my Shigefusa the other day, but i also received a Windmuehlenmesser carbon paring knife, today. it's going to be for my girlfriend to use whenever she cooks at my apartment, but it's pretty nice! takes a nice edge very quickly, it's very thin, and it feels good in the hand. i think i like it better than my Shun parer, and i like my Shun parer (though i don't use it much).

off topic, but your fridge makes me think of alton brown. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program

Hey everybody,

After I broke down three chickens with my Wustorf I decided to invest in a Fujiwara FKM 150mm boning knife and for my Father-in-Law for Father's day I picked up a Fujiwara FKM 270mm Sujihiki. The following are pictures of these two recent purchases and I just wanted to share them with you all. Thanks for looking .

Regards,

Pete

Sweet knives. I've been looking at a honesuki too lately. I hope your father-in-law likes it. Or was this one of those purchases where you justify buying a knife and trying it out in the guise of a gift

k.

+ Reply to Thread