Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Brand new Imperial fryer coming tomorrow!!! FINALLY convinced the owner that he was paying more to try to fix the old one (not to mention the gradually mounting cost of the oil that was leaking out the bottom) than he would just getting a new one. Amen!! Also: had our broken convection oven converted to gas and completely rebuilt/refitted for less than $800. How I worked so long with one oven I don't even know now, it's been sooooo awesome cooking TWO things at once and being done with my oven prep in half the time! Now I just need to convince the aforementioned owner that we need three new lowboy fridges, a new floor, a new dish machine, an upright line freezer and... ok, got a little carried away there, none of that will ever happen
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    I am more a fan of city+, but whatever makes your blood pressure rise brother!

BTW, a typical misconception: dark roasts actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts. The roasting process lessens the amount of caffeine in the bean by burning it off. Try it and see what I mean!
    So true, I used to work coffee and I would just eat a handful of light roast beans in the morning, I wouldnt even drink the stuff anymore. Just crunch away and ZOT!! you're flyin The caffeine is in the oil in the bean; longer roasting just roasts more of the oil out, leaving the bean with less oil... and less caffeine
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Scored a new waffle iron. I'm different in that I don't like thick Belgian Waffles. I prefer the thin and square ones.
    Attachment 14201
    Attachment 14202

Recently purchased some new pans. They're American Kitchen by Regal Ware, formerly called the Marcus Samuelsson line. These are heavy,sturdy pans with an excellent non PFOA coating and they were made specifically for induction but work on any surface. They are hard to find now as they're no longer made, but worth searching out for their quality and great value.
    Attachment 14203
    Attachment 14204

cnochef, your links are not working
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I'll post them using Dropbox instead.

Saute Pan:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrpnak9ekym965x/FSCN2681.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qx40a7ljb2a6ln/DSCN2682.JPG

I forgot to mention that they are made in the USA not offshore.

I am in the market for some cookware as my ex has 90% of my pans.I searched around and some visual/technical comparisons on stainless steel pans.I ended up liking Le Creuset pans the best based on F&F as the construction was the same allclad.I have not heard much about Le Creuset stainless pans but I am SOLD.

LC pans seemed good when I looked at em. I also like the tri-play stainless at walmart especially for the price.