Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 5
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

I didn't think of putting a knife on the block in it's saya, but I am not surprised. When I put Rader's passaround on my mag block, it grabs so hard that I can see the wall flex a little.

We ended up dropping about 1K into the Circulator, the cage, the cambro container and cut out lid, and the absurd thomas keller "guide" that came with it . Between that, the DIY circulator, the Sous Vide Supreme I've had, and the Vacmaster, the wild world of Sous Vide is finally (in a legit manner) becoming a reality! Worth every penny

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Avishar View Post

Finally convinced someone that this could be a worthwhile investment
    You are going to love it!!! I see they have changed the wording on the circulator, where yours reads "Sous Vide" my reads "temperature controller".

I just SV a 2 inch pork chop for about 9 hours at 135* then seared it on a hot grill for a minute of so on each side, and it can out tender, moist and tasty!! I bought 2 of these chops and the first one I pan seared and then baked to an internal temp of 135, but it turned out tough and dry, so by SV the second one it certainly was the way to go."

A small Thermoworks score!

What made you go with the Therma K? What is the advantages of it over a Thermapen?

My latest score is more low-tech, a brick oven heated with wood. I have been cleaning up an old kiln shed for close to a year in preparation for this. Finished up today, heated it up to over 800 degrees, then decided that maybe I should go ahead and cook supper in it. Can't wait until tomorrow night when some friends come over and we cook pizza in there. Jared, if you're reading this, maybe we should have a KKF NC pizza get-together?
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

That's really cool! More pics, please!

Will do Kyle, hopefully tomorrow night after we bake a few pies in there.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What made you go with the Therma K? What is the advantages of it over a Thermapen?
    I have a couple of thermapens, this is just a different format, It will stay on and can be placed in a vessel and not have to be held.

Quote Originally Posted by tgraypots View Post
    My latest score is more low-tech, a brick oven heated with wood. I have been cleaning up an old kiln shed for close to a year in preparation for this. Finished up today, heated it up to over 800 degrees, then decided that maybe I should go ahead and cook supper in it. Can't wait until tomorrow night when some friends come over and we cook pizza in there. Jared, if you're reading this, maybe we should have a KKF NC pizza get-together?
    Very exciting- Post some pie photos!