Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 34
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    I have never had a stove or oven this nice. and didnt even know I wanted one until I seen it. lol It looks like it will last a lifetime!

Anyone with experience with Viking stoves? Good or bad?
    only in an industrial kitchen an they are pretty bad ass

That stove is a serious score! Lucky you.

Some. A local cooking school/catering business I do some part time with has Viking stovetops and ovens. Mostly good experiences. Burners are a little close to have a large (+20 qt) stockpot and lg skillet on same side but that is worked around.

Suggest you add a lodge (or other) reversible grill plate to your kitchen toys. Viking has an optional one we use sometimes but its a pia to clean. The grill plate will add the versatility of a small flattop to your stove - when you want it. The one below works well but watch the flames wanting to come thru handle area.

Also suggest you ensure your exhaust hood is top notch. You can burn a lot of stuff fast with that stove. Don't ask me how I know that.

Only down side to them is service, when/if required. The Viking guy wants about $300 to walk in the door. Then he orders parts... May not be an issue with you cause they're pretty bulletproof and you appear to be quite handy with stuff that burns.

Have fun.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Thanks for the input Dave. Ill get one of the reversible grill top. great addition to any kitchen no doubt! Im still looking for a hood for the stove. any suggestions are welcomed.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    only in an industrial kitchen an they are pretty bad ass
    Quote Originally Posted by JHunter View Post
    That stove is a serious score! Lucky you.

Thanks guys! I have a feeling this is gone be a great addition..

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    A new monstrosity in the kitchen:

Comparison to my Mazzer Mini:

To non coffee peoples, here is my Vitamix 5000 next to it:

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Thanks for the input Dave. Ill get one of the reversible grill top. great addition to any kitchen no doubt! Im still looking for a hood for the stove. any suggestions are welcomed.
    Vent A Hood with out a Doubt

I have the 27X 36 over a 6 burner Wolf

I got a used copper abbaka hood off craigslist for a steal. craftsmanship on it is stunning.

Vent-A-Hood is a great choice -- they are about the best value out there for going over one of those stoves. Randy, the biggest issue w/ Vikings over the last 5-10 years has been with the igniters, although other stove manufacturers have had similar issues as well, since many seem to buy from the same igniter manufacturer. Should be an easy DIY if any go bad; don't pony up $$$ for a repair pro until you are sure you can't fix it yourself. Is it NG or do you have to use propane?

I will second Wildboar's observations. I have had my 48 inch 6 burner with grill for about 12 years. I have replaced about 20 igniters for the cooktop, the over (gas) burner tubes three times (they rust out), the oven ignitors 3 times, and an oven control unit once. Most of the burner grates were out of level from the factory, I had to add washers to correct this.
    The grill sucks, the heat is very uneven and has been broken for about 4 years. I'm not fixing it because what's the point - it SUCKS.
    Parts are easy to find, thank God!
    I bought it scratch and dent for 50% off, otherwise I would be pretty PO'd.
    I can't recommend it because while I was able to do all the repairs myself, I would have to think they would of amounted to thousands of dollars all together.
    Not sure what I would recommend, but I think I will try a Wolf when this POS finally dies.