Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 35
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Great advise and info. I hope to not have to many issues right out of the gate. This one was a scratch and dent sale. as well but came with full factory warranty. Im gona start my search for a good hood this week.

They were delivered stove and fridge. It was the first time I set eyes on them for real.
    The stove is impressive in its simplicity. Looks like its well built and should serve us well. The fridge, well I added a sock photo. I think its AWESOME! Its gone be cool to be able to see into the fridge and not have to open the door. matches the stove nice and fits the small area we had to work with very well. Due to the kitchen layout, adding a fridge the size we want/need wasn't gona happen. so we when with the LARGE fridge. And plan to add a chest freezer in the pantry.. That area is walk in room thats really quite large, and will allow for a nice size freezer with tons of room to spare for dry good storage.

David asked about NG or LP. Its NG. But will be getting a large PIG for Propane as well. You know, for the forge! Is there a advantage or disadvantage to them?

Thanks
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new fridge 111.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	20894  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

That looks like a sweet fridge! Would love to have a dedicated fridge like that -- we never have enough room in ours, even with the extra "wine fridge" where we keep drinks, veggies, and cheese.

love the glass door!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Finally got Tartine #3 book. Preordered it in September. Also got a quart of Ferric Chloride to etch the Kato. Woopdeewoop.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Anyone with experience with Viking stoves? Good or bad?
    I've owned a Viking Range for 13+ years. The good thing about Viking is that you can now buy parts a heckuva lot cheaper on line than you could just a few years ago. They are built with a modular design so as long as you have basic mechanical skills you can pretty much replace any part with ease other than gas valves. I have a Viking hood as well although I think mine is much different from the newer Viking hoods. If you have Vari-simmer pay attention to the dial as simmer is all they way to left before high and not all the way to thr right which is actually low.
    I hope your works out as well as ours has.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

I was asking about NG vs Propane because you have to make sure the stove has the proper jets. NG is the 'normal' way.

Thanks Dave. Yea the stove and fridge were delivered and look great. Still lots of work to do on the new place. Hope to be all moved in by spring.

Syill have not searched for or acquired a hood.. As well as a few other must haves B4 we can think about moving in. Workin on it.

Note to self. Wire the house to accept and run off a generator!! We have been without power for 2 days and it looks like it may not be back on until after Christmas..

Were running on generator and have the bare essentials. Computer. electric heater, lamps and I plug in the fridge every few hours so I dont loose the cold stuff!

Merry Christmas to you guys and thanks for the info and advise.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Sorry to hear about the power outage Randy. That storm just missed us but right across the street they have no power. I had our house wired for a generator before y2k. It's paid for itself several times over. I had a Generac transfer switch installed. Be sure not to over look a hood that vents to the exterior of your home. This can't be over emphasized enough unless you really enjoy painting. When you start cooking on HO burners you will put a lot more oil/vapor in the air.
    For cooking NG is better than LPG. LPG burns about 25% cooler in most ranges but any range should come with jets for either. Since you are just using LPG for the forge the only advantage to a PIG is size based. You want one big enough to minimize your delivery fees and one that's not so big you get hit with minimum fees before you need a refill.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Yep. Ill have a electrician wire it up with a transfer switch and have the main things like furnace, kitchen plugs and water pump etc wired to the relay. The gen we have is large enough to run most of the house. at 7000amps. But not knowing my way around electrical boxes I will pay a pro to advise me as to what the generator can run and to hook it up right for us.

The hood will vent out of the house. We went this far in getting good appliances. why stop short with a sub par hood?? Thanks for the tip..

The forge now runs on LP and we have a small PIG. They fill it at least once a month sometimes 2 times a month. I spoke with my provider about options and costs. There gona bring out and set up a LARGE pig that is about 6X larger then the one I have currently. Meaning they will only have to fill about every 2 or 3 months. Upgrading to a larger PIG also will bring my cost down a few cents a gallon or pound? Which over a year could add up to a few hundred bucks.

God Bless YA!
    Randy

Availible Knives

Score! De Buyer B Element, 11"!

Mom hit it out of the park on this one:

Now....how do you guys like to season these? booklet says, heat on stovetop, smear with oil, pour out, wipe until just moist, cool, put away.

got something better?

do you only season the cooking surface on these? or the entire thing, like with cast iron?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.