Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Stopped into JB Prince last week after lunch at Ippudo's

Did you meet a young anthropologist there who asked you about knives? I was just talking to one who recently went there and said he talked to some guy about knives.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Did you meet a young anthropologist there who asked you about knives? I was just talking to one who recently went there and said he talked to some guy about knives.
    Not that I recall, they may have spoken to Scotto who was with me.

Just picked up a Be Buyer Force Blue pan at World Market for 50% off! Could have gotten an additional 10% off if I had worn a Cardinals shirt, but I didn't know there was a promo like that going on....
    - Erik

My wife scored three 'antique' cast iron skillets yesterday -- they are seasoned way, way better then I have been able to get the Lodges seasoned. No makers mark on them, just the diameters.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Not.....fair.....

Quote Originally Posted by Avishar View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    That is absolutely awesome, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by tgraypots View Post
    Keep in mind, this oven was built from retired kiln bricks and shelves, and scavenged blocks. It's like an ugly child -- only good looking to it's parents Last night a couple of friends came over and we fired off 3 pies, some stuffed breads, and loaves of Estonian black bread and boules of whole wheat and rye. I didn't take the oven up to 800+ as I wasn't sure how this dough recipe would respond. Instead, we just let it cruise along at around 700. It's Peter Reinhart's neo-neopolitan recipe from his book American Pie. In less than a minute, the bottom was crisp enough to slide the pizza around. I'll let the pix tell the rest of the story..........

Oh yeah, the breads were baked at around 500 for about 20 minutes, and have a superior crust!
    I am so jealous...

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko, I'm jealous of your skills! It's a lot more work to get good at knifemaking, like you do, than making folks happy with pizza :-) Speaking of which, I'm hosting a dinner meeting tonight with about 20 potters. It's a covered dish, so I'll only make 4-5 pizzas.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

walked by Williams Sonoma at the mall and saw sign 25% off cookware so went in to browse and came out with a Staub 12" fry pan