Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post
    walked by Williams Sonoma at the mall and saw sign 25% off cookware so went in to browse and came out with a Staub 12" fry pan
    Nice. they had some special a year ago where they sold a fry pan with a dutch oven, and when I bought my Le Creuset this year, I first went looking for the Staub special -- but to no avail.

Let us know how you like it.

As for me, I suspect I am getting a Vitamix for Christmas as a box arrived from UPS with Vitamix printed all over it

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Nice. The old Griswolds are the shizzle!!!!!I have seen the handle snap on a new Lodge frying pan because of a void.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    My wife scored three 'antique' cast iron skillets yesterday -- they are seasoned way, way better then I have been able to get the Lodges seasoned. No makers mark on them, just the diameters.

I got this for myself for Xmas:

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...roductCode=106

I like it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Sponsors
    Oh hehe Spike it was you, i did not even notis it
    i am very happy it go to right hands !
    Thank you !! Hope you enjoy it

Any day now we're getting 2 French flat tops. One with a single heating round and another with a double round. Also, we just got approved to remodel the entire kitchen, tear out the old fridges and install new low-boys on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Any day now we're getting 2 French flat tops. One with a single heating round and another with a double round. Also, we just got approved to remodel the entire kitchen, tear out the old fridges and install new low-boys on the line.
    Where do you work? Not too many KKF cooks/ chefs in the DC area that I have seen -- we'd love to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Nice. they had some special a year ago where they sold a fry pan with a dutch oven, and when I bought my Le Creuset this year, I first went looking for the Staub special -- but to no avail.

Let us know how you like it.

As for me, I suspect I am getting a Vitamix for Christmas as a box arrived from UPS with Vitamix printed all over it k.
    Staub fry pan is now the breakfast pan - bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. Very heavy pan but the helper handle makes it manageable for me so gave away the De Buyers of the same size because it does not have the helpers handle and about as heavy - new owner is 6' + and 250 lbs + and happy as a clam

Where do you work? Not too many KKF cooks/ chefs in the DC area that I have seen -- we'd love to check it out.
    Art & Soul on Capitol Hill. I'd love to have any forum members come in.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Art & Soul on Capitol Hill. I'd love to have any forum members come in.
    Nice! From what I have seen, he puts out some good food. Just. Have. To. Force. Myself. To. Forget. About. The. Whole. Oprah. Thing.

We'll see about heading there in January or February, once the holiday madness subsides a bit.

Nice! From what I have seen, he puts out some good food. Just. Have. To. Force. Myself. To. Forget. About. The. Whole. Oprah. Thing.

We'll see about heading there in January or February, once the holiday madness subsides a bit.
    I had to put the Oprah thing aside too. I was brought down to DC from Boston by the chef de cusisine (also a forum member) to help turn over the older menu/way of running things to better food and higher standards.
    When you're planning on coming by, send me a PM. I'll put some great stuff together.

+ Reply to Thread