Quantcast
Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here - Page 2
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Oh my heavens. I laughed so hard I woke up my girlfriend. LMAO.
    I should take a picture of the new toys we just got in our kitchen at work. Berkel slicer and a pasta extruder.

The latest thing we (she) got were a set of all-clad pans. They’re nice, but was hoping for something sharper.

I like the multiple holes in the needle of that injector

I got an induction hob! Now I need some pans for it
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

Yeah, I know. I'm just awful lazy. You have a roaster you recommend? I've seen some that aren't practical for me, my counters are just too cluttered as it is. I'm considering something along these lines: http://www.greenbeanery.ca/bean/cata...tion-p-43.html but haven't made any decisions yet.

Part of the reason my counters are so cluttered is my most recent acquisition, my dehydrator:

I don't have a picture handy, but I picked up an immersion circulator a couple months ago. That was the last significant equipment addition to my kitchen.

After five weeks of anticipation mr. FedEx brought me my first Hon deba. A 210 Tanaka kasumi, ground for me, the odd southpaw.

this knife doesn't seem to have any major handle issues, nor any major over/ under grinding. for the cost of the knife it seems to be an amazing value. I'm going to have a hard time justifying purchasing somthing other than a tanaka for busy kitchen use. the ura side of the knife came flattened making this knife amazingly easy to sharpen. maybe 10 min total to put a push cutting paper edge with my 2 jnat setup.

These all aren't equipment-related scores, but scores nevertheless.

First. Two citrus trees for the kitchen (Meyer Lemon and Calamondin). That calamondin has about 150 blooms on it right now, and smells great.

Second. Sampler pack from Pepper Passion with some Hawaiian Red Sea Salt too. Pepper Passion was in an earlier thread at KKF.

Third. Two smallish, end-grain cutting boards; a 270 Yoshihiro Yanigiba from JKI; and a Miyabi parer via another forum member. In the background there is also a new 7.5 qt Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I bought from a tip on Rockbox's forum I think. It was an amazing price. Used it for the first time tonight.

Oh yeah, don't forget the 5 liter bottle of 2008 Efeste Jolie Bouche from Yakima Valley, WA. It is also a most excellent score.

k.

"There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Nice stuff but who owns the helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    Nice stuff but who owns the helicopter.
    I knew someone was going to bring that up. That helicopter is mine. It is solar powered, so the rotor turns when the sun shines on it. Kids love it too obviously.

Here it is: http://*******.com/3cz9mus

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson