The beauty of the BERKEL slicer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;DouzyOxJ53k]http://youtu.be/DouzyOxJ53k[/video]

7Av9d.jpg
[/IMG]

if your wondering where that shot was taken
Victor Churchill Butchery est: 1876

d8fmG.jpg
[/IMG]

y1rSw.jpg
[/IMG]

Man, just when the idea of getting a refurbished berkel was fading from memory, this post comes along. I actually wrote Emilio about getting a refurbished one about 6 months ago, but he never wrote back. I guess I will have to get on the horn now.

k.

I am sure I am not the only one but boy do I love your posts Steeley, this may be the single most mouth watering post on this forum. And that is saying something!

Thanks guys

I wanted to add while looking around i always find things of note to research later .

so before IBM. became what we know today they made scales for butchers and many other things .

here is a butcher shop in Mexico 1928 notice the chopping block or stump and the Dayton scale
vyFsf.jpg
[/IMG]

Great post and mr drinky came to mind. Glad he is reinvigorated on it. Would like one one day....
They are very cool!

Not to be confused with Dayton-Wright co which made Dehaviland airplanes
BLESS THE VETS.

TcEUP.jpg
[/IMG]

WvpDd.jpg
[/IMG]
DH-4 used in WW 1 in France.

Shots of Victor Churchill shop within the past few years I think. The butcher shop has been around for a long time, but the renovated gallery is recent, modelled after french butchery, IIRC. It's a fancy meat art gallery here in Sydney.

The Beverly Hills Cheese Store has a Berkel in top condition to slice prochuto (yes, I cannot spell) it was a hand crank beauty that sliced wicked thin pieces.

Another awesome post Steeley!

You really should have a sub-forum for all of your posts in the Media Section so all of your efforts are in one place for easy access for all to enjoy. Cheers! mpp

You really should have a sub-forum for all of your posts in the Media Section so all of your efforts are in one place for easy access for all to enjoy. Cheers! mpp

A big + 1 to that.

It needs to be called something like:

~G.S. STEELY'S WONDERPORIUM OF OLDE-TIMEY AWESOME~

The "G.S. " is for Google San

:plus1:

This is a great idea.

Stop it , just glade you gent's enjoy it .

Now back to old timey stuff
a very good site for Berkel refurbushied
http://twbs.de/en/

74vok.png
[/IMG]

Those are just incredibly beautiful machines. I couldnt find a price anywhere for restored vintage Berkel's, but I'm guessing it's one of those "if you have to ask then..." situations. I saw some new "hand powered / flywheel" slicers for in the $8k so I can't even guess the multiplier for something beautifully restored.

Btw, I remember why the idea of a refurbished berkel slicer started slipping from my mind -- THE PRICE.

A really good restoration through Emilio for the smaller models runs 10k+ (without stand) and I have read that others who have gotten the Italian refurbishment for the bigger models have spent up to 20k. My guess is that if you found a decent deal on eBay with most of the parts and had it refurbished, you might get down in the 7k range.

Restored H8 $10,500.

k.

You are here: Home / Restoration / Restoration and Prices
Restoration and Prices

This post is also available in: German, Italian
Different historical factors are taken into consideration for pricing:

Rarity, origin of manufacture, condition and, of course, initial state, etc.
Similar to the oldtimer restoration, the state of the machine is at first inspected and preserved. Missing parts and parts to be restored are counted up. The defects found during the restoration will be repaired. A list of all real restoration operations will be drawn to quantify the actual cost.
The general arrangement ultimately determines the final product. The higher the quality and cost of the project execution, the more expensive it is. But it ensures the keeping of the value of a rarity for both novice users and a meticulous collector.
The price includes a detailed training about the use and maintenance of the purchased units.
The cost of delivery will be calculated based on the distance / effort and made specially with the use of secure boxes

available for purchase

tCSTy.png
[/IMG]

Yeah, that's actually less than I might have guessed. 7-8K seems like a bargain, 20k for something big with all of the pin-striping and mirror polish sounds more like what I was thinking. Thanks for the link to the H8, I couldn't find anything on his site other than "it depends..." and "contact me to discuss your order".... which certainly makes sense with something this complex.

Back