Quantcast
Takeda Passaround
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeda Passaround

Takeda Passaround

Thought I would try my own passaround. I don't ever recall seeing a Takeda passaround so I thought I would see if anyone would like to try one out. 250mm Sasanoha with a snakewood and palm handle. I would like to keep this to around six people assuming there is that much interest. I chose this knife because it does not have the standard blade height that I think scares so many people off from buying a Takeda this one is only 47mm tall. Please keep the knife for approx. a week and pass it on. It still has the factory edge and bevel. Feel free to sharpen it and use heavily, but please no bevel changing, polishing or thinning. If you are not comfy taking care of a carbon knife please pass on this one.
    Thanks Mike

I'm pretty curious about the non-standard Takedas. However, I've tried a couple so if there are a lot of folks interested that haven't, I'll pass. Thanks for putting it out there, Mike.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'm game. Looks beautiful, like all your other work. Would love to be "in".
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I have actually always wanted to try one. I would love to be in if possible.

Thanks, Matt

#1-knyfeknerd
    #2 Kaleeb
    Tk, I will include you also, and put you last on the list, so I get my knife back with a badass edge.

I was just thinking today I should ask someone if I could borrow their Takeda gyuto. I like the height of this one too, more so than the standard takedas.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

i would love to try yet another Takeda. i have a "standard" 240 and a "short" (though not that short) 240 to compare it to... and i once owned a CKTG "special" 270, which was more like 300mm.

I've only tried the takeda nakiri and western deba, so I'm interested in seeing how the gyuto handles. Please add me to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    #1-knyfeknerd
    #2 Kaleeb
    Tk, I will include you also, and put you last on the list, so I get my knife back with a badass edge.
    JohnnyChance #3

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    JohnnyChance #3
    Edipis #4
    Taylor #5

Room for one maybe two more + TK