Quantcast
Takeda Passaround - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Takeda Passaround

Okay, looks like it's time to send this knife home. It works very nicely, much like a standard Takeda. It is more flexible than I expected but it didn't bother me while cutting. The one thing I didn't like was the curvature right by the heel. That's mainly aesthetic but I could definitely feel that the heel wasn't as low as I wanted it to be. The handle hasn't changed since it arrived. It looks just like it does in Paul's pics. It doesn't need sharpening per se although in my opinion, a little thinning near the tip is in order. Lemme know if you still want it sharpened/thinned. Thanks for letting me test drive it!

I think I got passed over on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Okay, looks like it's time to send this knife home. It works very nicely, much like a standard Takeda. It is more flexible than I expected but it didn't bother me while cutting. The one thing I didn't like was the curvature right by the heel. That's mainly aesthetic but I could definitely feel that the heel wasn't as low as I wanted it to be. The handle hasn't changed since it arrived. It looks just like it does in Paul's pics. It doesn't need sharpening per se although in my opinion, a little thinning near the tip is in order. Lemme know if you still want it sharpened/thinned. Thanks for letting me test drive it!
    Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    I think I got passed over on the list.
    TK your welcome. Obtuse you haven't been passed over, I just kinda lost control of my passaround, and got of order. You and Stefan are next can you contact TK with your shipping address?

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    TK your welcome. Obtuse you haven't been passed over, I just kinda lost control of my passaround, and got of order. You and Stefan are next can you contact TK with your shipping address?
    Cool, I'll do this right away

Sounds good. I'll ship it with the Sigma 1.2k on Monday, hopefully.

Does this one spring back when flexed or stay slightly bent?

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I flexed it to see how flexible it was and to see if it sprung back. It did, but I did not flex it as much as possible as I didn't want to permanently bend Mike's knife.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I flexed it pretty far, without carelessly forcing it, to see how much it could go and it sprung back.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Gee, I'm sure Mike can't wait to let you guys try out some of his other knives, lol. The blade does look pretty straight to me.

I worked the secondary bevel a little, esp toward the tip and I didn't get a chance to really finish the left side but this knife and the sigma 1.2k stone are on their way to Hawaii.

+ Reply to Thread