• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke ebony 330 yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
I've once again appeared out of the woodwork, this time offering a virtually like-new condition Konosuke fujiyama Blue#1 yanagiba. It is 330mm size, and has a saya. The handle is very comfortable compared to some sashimi knives (and I've had a lot), it is a little bigger and nicely rounded on the octagon edges. Flat blade, no chips, barely needed touching up and very sharp. Has the original box.

Konosuke Yanagiba $485 shipped CONUS

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

Damn I wish I already had my tax return. Sweet knife. Shouldn't last long. Thanks again for the Kanasaki! My avatar should look familiar. Works so well for King Crab!

Haha, nice. I used it only once for king crab, I figured it was more for smaller crabs with less gnarly shells. Good to hear, though.

Wow I am surprised that hasn't been swept up yet. This will make someone very happy.

Beautiful knife. Selling my 330 mirror polished Konosuke sakimaru was probably one of the most stupid things I ever did around knives, I can see why you are keeping that... I wish I could take this one, a yanagi like this is one of the last things on my list, but it's just not in the budget right now. Good luck for the sale and congrats to whoever takes this.

Stefan

very nice looking kasumi with so bright and large jigane part.

how much width at the heel ?

As a clarification, flat blade meant there is no warping in the blade or edge.

OK to answer a further question, the 35mm refers to blade height at the heel (I thought that was the question). The spine thickness at the heel is ~4mm. Cutting edge length is 316mm without the machi.

Because I don't need both this knife and its sister sakimaru takohiki. Both are Konosuke Blue#1 330mm with ebony handles, but the sakimaru was the first custom single bevel knife I ever got back in 2007. I am not a professional chef, and this knife deserves to get more use. It's in better condition than the older sakimaru, and I can't even say that the sakimaru performs better. I've had over a dozen sashimi knives (most gone to other homes already) and this may be overall the best yanagi, although not the most expensive. And it is still like-new.
Last year I made the decision to sell off a lot of my huge collection for others to enjoy, and consolidate what I have into a smaller set. The only sashimi knives I have right now are the sakimaru and this yanagi.

Any chance of shipping it north of the border?

Also, am I an Idiot for thinking of buying a 330 as my first Yanagiba?

I've shipped to Canada half a dozen times, as long as it's by USPS it shouldn't be a problem. Many professional chefs I've watched use 300-330mm (often times they get shorter as they are sharpened down over many years), so I wouldn't say it would be stupid. 270s are used more if you really don't have the space, not necessarily because bigger ones are more unwieldy.

Happy north-of-the-border recipient of knives from Bishamon right here :D Jeez, if you've only sent up half a dozen times, then I think I account for 1/3 of that...

Ahhh, screw it, you only live once.

I'll take it!

Pm'd :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Money sent!

She's all mine boys!!

My wife says she's getting me a magnum boardsmith for fathers day so at least I'll have room to use it...

Vereeeeee excited!!

They're going to get to know me very well down at the fish market...

Money sent!

She's all mine boys!!

My wife says she's getting me a magnum boardsmith for fathers day so at least I'll have room to use it...

Vereeeeee excited!!

Awesome! You will love it!

Latest posts

Back