Quantcast
Lest We Forget - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lest We Forget

I read a facebook post a little while ago from a douche bag I know. He was thanking those who didn't serve because "there is a peaceful solution to everything." You know the type, silver spoon boy who hasn't worked an honest day in his life. Runs around doing yoga, sailing and listening to himself. I'm anti war but we live among humans. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

The nerve of this jack a$$ making a political statement on this hallowed day. Whether right or left, you have to respect those who paid the ultimate price.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Great thread Steeley. Thanks to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. My grandfather, whom I never met is buried at Arlington. I wish I could go up and see him today.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Thanks for starting this thread Steeley. Salty said it well....whatever your leanings you have to put them aside and honor those that paid the ultimate price. My thanks go out to all the men and women who have served this country past and present.

Remembering my father, who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Two silver stars, two bronze stars, and four purple hearts. R.I.P.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    Remembering my father, who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Two silver stars, two bronze stars, and four purple hearts. R.I.P.
    Wow, your dad was a bad ass!
    Jason

[IMG][/IMG]

If a veteran can’t find a job, that is half a year without income. Freedom Station allows residents to stay at least nine months after they become civilians.

the rest of the story
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...page=2#article
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    I will remember the honor of which your father served this great nation.

honoring my father 5 tour Vietnam Naval combat corpsman attached to the Marine Corps. Thanks, dad.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I grew up in a military family. My father served from 1977-1995 in the Army. I have 2 surviving (1 deceased) uncles that fought in Vietnam (Marines), 2 other uncles that served in the Army, A grandfather that served in WWII and a sister in law that is currently in the Marines. Today i tip the glass to my family, and to all of our brave soldiers that fight for our freedom.