Quantcast
De Buyer Pans - Page 22
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: De Buyer Pans

When I first looked at that I thought, "wow! That's a lot of garlic!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I realized I'll have to wait till someday I buy a place with a gas range, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    LOL i thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    What, all you people don't eat garlic like that? What am I doing wrong with my life...

So - I spend a whole afternoon a couple of weeks ago seasoning the new pan that Neal sent me and what do I do but carmelize some onions in the pan and instead of using my head when I clean it, I grab my bamboo brush and proceed to scrub off a bunch of the seasoning. Interesting thing is that the base coat of peanut oil didn't come off so it still had some protection. I am not going to sweat it though, I am just going to keep cooking with it until it builds up again. Made scrambled eggs with cheese on Sunday morning and it stuck a little but cleaned up nice. I think it will be pretty slick once the seasoning builds up again.

Just a quick heads up for all the European guys, Amazon Spain has the deBuyer Mineral B in 28 cm for 27 euros, http://www.amazon.es/Buyer-5610-28-2...3&sr=8-1-fkmr1, as opposed to 44 GBP in Amazon UK, and 41.80 Euros in Amazon France.

just received a 10 inch DeBuyer Mineral B. this pan is taller than the previous DeBuyers i've owned, and is 3.75mm thick at the rim, which is thicker than previous DeBuyers i've owned. no idea, but it's really nice! BKF took the wax right off, as per usual. has taken a nice dark amber first layer, with coconut oil.

I concur - My mineral B are thicker and nicer seeming than my other DeBuyers.

Does anyone have or use the De Buyer country pans? I really want one, but not sure how much I'll use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Does anyone have or use the De Buyer country pans? I really want one, but not sure how much I'll use it.
    I have one. I use it a lot. Great for stir-fry, wilting lots of green, deep frying. Sort of takes the place of a wok on our house.