Quantcast
De Buyer Pans - Page 4
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: De Buyer Pans

No warping problem on my Standard blue deBuyer. That being said the Bourgeat does feel more solid and is thicker.

Falk put back up 15% off under code "memorial15".

I haven't used them, but saw that Lodge released a line of pre-seasoned carbon steel pans not too long ago that are made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by foreleft View Post
    I haven't used them, but saw that Lodge released a line of pre-seasoned carbon steel pans not too long ago that are made in the USA.
    The Lodge are pretty terrible. Maybe 2mm at the thickest.

Love my De Buyer carbon pans. Never use cast iron pans any more. As someone said earlier, they're not for eveything. I still have a couple of SS and a ScanPan NS that also get regular use. There's no such thing as the perfect pan, and these have a niche for things like searing, saute, etc. Not so good for things like steaming and dishes that have a suace with an acid in them, like a tomato based ragu or pasta. 3mm steel and mo issues w/ warping.

I have these pans w/ cast iron handles - more expensive than the strip steel handles, but worth it to me. If you leave the pan on the haet for a long time the handles will get hot.
    http://www.lacuisineus.com/catalog/i...dex&cPath=1_11

If you not concerned about the handles, this site has wholesale prices.
    http://www.capitalcityrestaurantsupp...20Cookware,MX1
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Have you purchased those pans from Capital City? If so, do you know if they're the Carbone Plus or Mineral line?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

much more awesomer
    You can get the three-pan Mineral fry pan set (8", 10", 12") for $149.95 with free shipping from Chefs.com. Add the 10" Mineral Country saute pan ($69.95) and you can get $25 off the entire order ($25 off $200 or more), or $195 for all four pans.

Interesting deal.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I am really frustrated right now. A couple months ago I ran across a blog through oiu, chef that the individual identified differences between the different lines of pans and the thicknesses of each line. I believe that the carbonne plus was the thickest followed by the mineral and the force blue. However, over the last few days I have tried to reaccess it to get a link and it is telling me that the site is under maintenance. I am considering getting the mineral 10" since any heavy searing I use cast iron.

The Debuyer web site (www.debuyer.com) has the information on the different lines. It's not the most friendly site, but the information is there. Go to www.debuyer.com, click on "catalogue" and then select "steel". You can then select the line you're considering. (Hint--there will be pictures at the bottom of the page--click on the picture to get information on that pan type.) It lists all the dimensions of the pans, including thickness, gives weights, etc.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

much more awesomer
    Yeah, I did that earlier to find out which line La Cuisine is selling that has "cast handles." I can't seem to find any info about them anywhere. FWIW I ordered a 12" Minerale B Element crepe pan for my mom from Amazon this evening. I'll probably get one for myself before long.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky