Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: De Buyer Pans

I just bought an 8 and a 10 inch pan. I noticed that the bottom edge of the 8 inch pan where it slopes up is a little rough.

Did any of you notice this in this size pan? Most of the 10 inch pans I inspected did not have this, but most of the 8 inch pans I inspected had this.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

All my pans of all three sizes are just perfect

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    All my pans of all three sizes are just perfect
    Thanks. I'll be returning my 8 inch then.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

La Cuisine just issued a 20% off coupon (2 days after I ordered my pans - grrrr) - SUMMER2012 - good through August 31. Good everything they sell - and sell Mauviel, in case you want splurg!
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Clarification - the La Cuisine coupon is valid July 15 - August 31. mpp
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Knives or copper pans--such a difficult decision. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone looking to take one of these for a test drive, I got a Tuesday Morning flyer in the mail last week that features DeBuyer Mineral pans on sale between $20-$30 for 8-10" pans. I haven't checked the local stores to see what they have, but that's a very decent price: French steel for prices comparable to the Paderno pans.
    Thanks a lot for the heads up, I just got a 20cm and 26 cm minérale.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    I just bought an 8 and a 10 inch pan. I noticed that the bottom edge of the 8 inch pan where it slopes up is a little rough.

Did any of you notice this in this size pan? Most of the 10 inch pans I inspected did not have this, but most of the 8 inch pans I inspected had this.
    All but the one I bought were like that where I went, I was just going to sand that down if I couldn't find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    La Cuisine just issued a 20% off coupon (2 days after I ordered my pans - grrrr) - SUMMER2012 - good through August 31. Good everything they sell - and sell Mauviel, in case you want splurg!
    Not sure I should kiss you or kick you!
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I bought an 8" and 2 x 10" pans from Tuesday Morning and am very pleased. They're far better than the Lodge cast iron and our small LeCreuset 8" fry pan; lighter, taking an easy and excellent seasoning and are already pretty non-stick. The smaller one is great for eggs and on the 10" I slow cooked a black and blue small beef roast we're slicing thin and using in summer salads.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

What is the difference between the mineral and carbon plus series? I think I must have one of these!

Thanks
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right