Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 10
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

As a thank you, each knife will be accompanied with a felt strop of my own making.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I might consider to offer some of my customs without handles, as handle making takes me 5-6 hours and I could offer a discount if a blade is purchased without handles. M
    Given that the labor that goes into a petty, especially the handle, is not that much less than that required for a larger knife, and that your knives are priced by length, the obvious place to start would be with a 150mm petty in 52100.

And, considering your recent penchant for western handles, and your development of a hunter a hunter profile, how about a DIY western petty; perfect for those who have figured out how to drill accurate holes for bolts, but not how to make a wa handle, and qualil before the prospect of making their own blade.

quail. like a timid bird. I don't know who qualil is.

He's a nice guy. Had drinks with him once. Strange stories, but you kind of expect that out of a guy named Qualil.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    He's a nice guy. Had drinks with him once. Strange stories, but you kind of expect that out of a guy named Qualil.
    You should meet his sister, Quaalude.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Given that the labor that goes into a petty, especially the handle, is not that much less than that required for a larger knife, and that your knives are priced by length, the obvious place to start would be with a 150mm petty in 52100.

And, considering your recent penchant for western handles, and your development of a hunter a hunter profile, how about a DIY western petty; perfect for those who have figured out how to drill accurate holes for bolts, but not how to make a wa handle, and qualil before the prospect of making their own blade.
    I think it is a pretty good idea. I think many people have basic tools and to talk most into DIY with some guidance and help, should not be that difficult. I am going to give it a thought.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    You should meet his sister, Quaalude.
    Or her sister Quinine. Mmmm.... Gin and Tonic....

I think it is a pretty good idea. I think many people have basic tools and to talk most into DIY with some guidance and help, should not be that difficult. I am going to give it a thought.

M
    Please stop tempting me.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Please stop tempting me.
    Why not? I think the aim of this is to make it affordable and fun. And learn something new along the way.

I really like the idea, just need to think (and talk to Devin) about how to make it work.

M

As a thank you, each knife will be accompanied with a felt strop of my own making.

M
    This deal has only gotten sweeter! Thanks Marko, can't wait to try out the felt strop! And once again, the idea of selling these without a handle seems like a great plan--should be a win/win for all involved, especially those of us who have been hoarding burl for just such an occasion.
    one man gathers what another man spills...