Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 31
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

I have one of Marko's 270 suji practice in 52100 and it has some nice flex to it. Wonderful knife!

Petty

What is the metal of the petty? I'm interested if its AEB-L.

Just noticed the metal type is on the handle

Price for petties and honesuki/petty hybrid reduced to $125 shipped.

2X140mm 52100 petty
    1X140mm A-2 honesuki/petty hybrid are available

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'll take the honesuki, but would need a handle on it (I'll pay more for that)

Then to follow up with my PM, I'm definately in! Please contact me for next steps

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I can make simpler D handles for these knives, but it would have to be in the second/third week of November and there will be no customization past what's available - cocobolo, macassar ebony, maple, lignum vitae + horn. If I have the knife on hand, I will discount them $80/handle.

I call them practice, because they are not seconds. They are thinner than I normally grind, and judging by thickness at and above the edge, they fit in the category of lasers. At this point I am not sure whether to produce them this thin, as I haven't had much feedback on these, and that is the reason these are offered as practice or experimental.These are some of the thinnest knives at the edge that I ever ground. On the spine, the thickness is on par with my thicker knives.

If you guys love them, I will have no problem producing them with my maker's mark on them.

They have S grind and are thinner than thinnest Shigefusa gyuto I handled.

M
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

Ok, so two simple D handles (wood, spacer, horn), one or honesuki and one for petty? Josh, please clarify.

I have stated this before, but repeat again - when you receive the knife, cut with it and for some reason didn't like it, send it back. I would like to know what you didn't like about it, but that's all. I will refund the money.

I rather err on the side of caution and send out knives I haven't gotten a thorough feedback on (my taste doesn't automatically translate into everybody taste), than as ready-made knives, even if I end up charging much less for it. This is my approach, whether it makes business sense or not.

I am not selling dreams, but tools. If they don't look or perform as you would expect them to, then there is no point of keeping them.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

email sent regarding honesuki handle etc (your pm box is full)

None of the knives sold as practice will have maker's mark on them. I don't want them to get mixed up with the customs and ready-made down the road.

-Niels Bohr

Marko I'll take a petty

+ Reply to Thread