Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 39
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

I am going to send a confirmation to all of folks who are on the list shortly. If you filled a form through my website, you are most certainly in. At this point it is difficult for me to give an estimated time when each order's turn is up, but I am optimistic that it won't be too long.

Thanks,

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'm sure you're still working on this but how would one add their name to the lottery drawing list? Will it be a new list every week you do a drawing or will you just culminate a running list, show the knife and announce the winner for that specific week?

I need to hammer out the details. I am looking into software that would randomly select the names from the list, to keep it fair and transparent.

I think it would make sense to have a pool of participants each week depending on a knife offered, but I also would not want this to become more work for me managing a list.

So, all options are on the table, but I would like to select the least time intensive options and those that minimize my involvement. These projects always seem to be more work than anticipated.

Thanks,

Marko

Just saw this. How about setting up a document in Google docs. Everyone can enter their names themselves, you just pick a number and - ideally - don't have to deal with anything else.

Stefan

Google docs sounds like a great idea.

Here is what I came up so far with:

- There will be one stock knife per week
    - Up to 25 entries in the lottery
    - There will be an announcement and a link in my subforum to Google docs registration. Time of the registration will be given in advance and will be selected to accommodate folks around the world if possible.
    - Entries will have to be submitted weekly (knives will vary from week to week, no same knife two weeks in a row)
    - I will decide what knives to make each week and make an announcement in the beginning of that week.
    - To be eligible, you have to be a KKF forum member with a minimum of 10 forum posts (you will be asked to list your forum post count) regardless if you have a knife on order with me or not
    - If one wins, one won't be eligible to participate in another lottery for 6 months
    - If one wins and decides to cancel a custom order knife, no problem (one can cancel at any time before I get to work on the knife)
    - Should one win and decide one doesn't want a knife, another random selection will run, if the next person decides he/she doesn't want it either (just in case) the knife will be offered on first-come-first-served basis
    - I will ask my wife to run the drawing to assure impartiality on my part
    - Knives will have same 7 day return warranty as my custom knives

This sounds like fun, great idea Marko

I love this idea! Maybe I'll end up with a Marko knife after all.

This sounds exciting!

Marko, by "up to 25 entries in the lottery", do you mean 25 people for each week? I wonder if there might be more interest than that.

This sounds like a great idea, and I think i was the last one to place a custom order on your site .

This is a pilot project, so I have no idea what to expect, and I don't want to make it frustrating for people, so for now I will offer knives I rarely make, so that hopefully will keep the number of participants manageable. Below is the schedule for the next 4 weeks: I will post sign-up time and link to Google docs for the week of the 24th of January early next week.

Friday, January 24th
    255mm tall 52100 gyuto with a Western handle. S grind, Shigefusa profile. Handle will feature contrasting accents in the front and back.

Friday, January 31
    320mm suji in 52100 with a Western or D handle (TBD) S grind.

Friday, February 7
    320-350mm scimitar in 52100 with a Western handle. Handle will feature contrasting accents in the front and back.

Friday, February 14
    300mm bread knife in A2 with a Western handle. Handle will feature contrasting accents in the front and back.