Thread: Handle Wood Selection Coming Up

Cool Handle Wood Selection Coming Up

Hey guys,
    I have been offering a limited choice of woods for handles, due to time constrains finding and processing wood, and to keep the cost down. That is to change soon. I am teaming up with a friend to help me to find, purchase and to process wood that I am to offer to my customers for present and future orders. These will be upgrades from my basic choices of handle material like cocobolo.

Right now, we are in the wood-collecting mode, but in 2-4 months, we should have the first blocks stabilized and ready to be listed.

I will post some more information in due time.

Thank you,

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Sounds awesome, but I'm cool with cocobolo in the meantime if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    Sounds awesome, but I'm cool with cocobolo in the meantime if you are.
    Cocobolo is getting harder to get so I need to start looking to other woods as replacement.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Just to give you the heads up.

The project is moving along. I have about 100 blocks of premium woods in my possession. These will need to be milled, dried (if needed) and some stabilized before they can be offered as upgrades or straight sales. I will take a pre-processed pictures shortly.

The selection includes koa, amboyna, malleys, gidgee, thuya, and other kinds. I also have a good amount of my own stock (maple, cocobolo and koa) to process and those will also be added to the selection.

Marko