Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

I want to clarify one thing. There will be some wait time before you receive the knives. I can only regrind and refinish 2-3 practice knives per week and rest of the time I work on custom orders and ready-made knives I took payment for. I still have a few practice knives to ship out from the last sale. I will try to speed up the process a bit, but nonetheless, there will be wait time.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I have no problem for waiting at all, but like to clarify one thing:
    Does the knife that I purchased (stock knife 225 suji AEB-L) also need some time for you to ship out?
    I am somewhat local (~40mins away from Westchester) so I pick it up. :-)

Karl

Up for sale, 210mm gyuto in A2. Ready-made priced at $1.7/mm, so $357.

I still need to make handle for it so it will be 2 weeks before it is ready to ship. It will come with my latest D handle with or without spacer.

A2 will get pretty sharp (just a notch less than 52100), but will have a better wear resistance and is less reactive compared to 52100 (has 3 times as much chromium).

Thanks,

M

It's the second knife from the bottom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0496.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	13751

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

ok, now this (or I) is out of control. I wish I could take this too! And if it weren't for that voice of reason...

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have no problem for waiting at all, but like to clarify one thing:
    Does the knife that I purchased (stock knife 225 suji AEB-L) also need some time for you to ship out?
    I am somewhat local (~40mins away from Westchester) so I pick it up. :-)

Karl
    Karl,
    it needs a handle. I only offer practice knives without handles. I have a handle bottleneck at the moment, so that's where most delay is coming from. On a bright side, all handles are of the latest design and construction and I get good reviews for those from pro and home users alike.

You can pick up the knife in person if you like.

M

PS: 210 A2 gyuto SPF to cwrightthruya.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I want to clarify one thing. There will be some wait time before you receive the knives. I can only regrind and refinish 2-3 practice knives per week and rest of the time I work on custom orders and ready-made knives I took payment for. I still have a few practice knives to ship out from the last sale. I will try to speed up the process a bit, but nonetheless, there will be wait time.

M
    Marko - thank you
    Patiently waiting, no rush for mine - I don't have kids, but I think I'm starting to get the idea what's it like waiting for one... but then again, I have no idea.

Karl,
    it needs a handle. I only offer practice knives without handles. I have a handle bottleneck at the moment, so that's where most delay is coming from. On a bright side, all handles are of the latest design and construction and I get good reviews for those from pro and home users alike.

You can pick up the knife in person if you like.
    Ah ha, I did not think about that and just now I realized you have a category "ready-made".
    Yes, I'd like to pick it up in person when the handle is ready.
    Thanks a lot.

K

I want to add one more knife
    Watanabe honesuji 135mm - $225
    I flattened the profile on this one and am contemplating cutting a single bevle (it was heavy convexed before) for ease of sharpening. Knife will come come with cocobolo handle and walnut saya (there will be a some vertical movement in the saya, because of the re-profile, but pin should keep the knife in place)
    I will refinish it and try to save the kanji.

M
    Very interested in seeing how this one looks in the end.

M
    No problem for me, I'm happy to have been quick enough to get the one I wanted.
    Thanks Marko.

Hi Guys,
    I am in a crunch till tomorrow afternoon, so I will PM the buyers (latest knife sale) tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

M