Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

I want to clarify one thing. There will be some wait time before you receive the knives. I can only regrind and refinish 2-3 practice knives per week and rest of the time I work on custom orders and ready-made knives I took payment for. I still have a few practice knives to ship out from the last sale. I will try to speed up the process a bit, but nonetheless, there will be wait time.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I have no problem for waiting at all, but like to clarify one thing:
    Does the knife that I purchased (stock knife 225 suji AEB-L) also need some time for you to ship out?
    I am somewhat local (~40mins away from Westchester) so I pick it up. :-)

Karl

Up for sale, 210mm gyuto in A2. Ready-made priced at $1.7/mm, so $357.

I still need to make handle for it so it will be 2 weeks before it is ready to ship. It will come with my latest D handle with or without spacer.

A2 will get pretty sharp (just a notch less than 52100), but will have a better wear resistance and is less reactive compared to 52100 (has 3 times as much chromium).

Thanks,

M

It's the second knife from the bottom
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0496.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	13751

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

ok, now this (or I) is out of control. I wish I could take this too! And if it weren't for that voice of reason...

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have no problem for waiting at all, but like to clarify one thing:
    Does the knife that I purchased (stock knife 225 suji AEB-L) also need some time for you to ship out?
    I am somewhat local (~40mins away from Westchester) so I pick it up. :-)

Karl
    Karl,
    it needs a handle. I only offer practice knives without handles. I have a handle bottleneck at the moment, so that's where most delay is coming from. On a bright side, all handles are of the latest design and construction and I get good reviews for those from pro and home users alike.

You can pick up the knife in person if you like.

M

PS: 210 A2 gyuto SPF to cwrightthruya.

-Niels Bohr

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I want to clarify one thing. There will be some wait time before you receive the knives. I can only regrind and refinish 2-3 practice knives per week and rest of the time I work on custom orders and ready-made knives I took payment for. I still have a few practice knives to ship out from the last sale. I will try to speed up the process a bit, but nonetheless, there will be wait time.

M
    Marko - thank you
    Patiently waiting, no rush for mine - I don't have kids, but I think I'm starting to get the idea what's it like waiting for one... but then again, I have no idea.

Karl,
    it needs a handle. I only offer practice knives without handles. I have a handle bottleneck at the moment, so that's where most delay is coming from. On a bright side, all handles are of the latest design and construction and I get good reviews for those from pro and home users alike.

You can pick up the knife in person if you like.
    Ah ha, I did not think about that and just now I realized you have a category "ready-made".
    Yes, I'd like to pick it up in person when the handle is ready.
    Thanks a lot.

K

I want to add one more knife
    Watanabe honesuji 135mm - $225
    I flattened the profile on this one and am contemplating cutting a single bevle (it was heavy convexed before) for ease of sharpening. Knife will come come with cocobolo handle and walnut saya (there will be a some vertical movement in the saya, because of the re-profile, but pin should keep the knife in place)
    I will refinish it and try to save the kanji.

M
    Very interested in seeing how this one looks in the end.

M
    No problem for me, I'm happy to have been quick enough to get the one I wanted.
    Thanks Marko.

Hi Guys,
    I am in a crunch till tomorrow afternoon, so I will PM the buyers (latest knife sale) tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

M

-Niels Bohr

+ Reply to Thread