Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

Not a knife, but a knife-related.

A prototype magnetic strip, 15x2.5x.75" in highly figured birdseye maple. This block has a pretty strong pull, and will work well for stainless and heavy carbon knives.

I since settled on a different design, and won't be making any more of this type. I am pricing it to move.

$55 shipped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0523.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	13946

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0522.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	13947

Edit: it is SPF even before I finished editing the post. *SPF*

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Edit: it is sold even before I finished editing the post.
    Ha! Congratulations.

I like the looks of this (including the wood), so hopefully I will like the next iteration even more!

I will continue using similar woods, however the shape of the strip will be different, to make removal of the knives easier.

To remove the knife efficiently from a type of strip I modeled my prototype on to, a technique that Myron posted in another thread would be appropriate. I am just going to quote him here:

Removing a knife from a magnetic strip is also a matter of technique. Sure, if you try to take it off with the blade flat you get a lot of resistance. But if you twist the knife onto its spine you get leverage from the strip in the twist and then the contact is significantly reduced and you can pull the knife off easily. That's also the best way to place a knife onto a magnetic strip: spine first then twist the blade down flat.

It's a trade off. You make a magnetic pull weaker, you might risk heavier knives sliding off. At the same time, thinner knives will cling to the strip stronger. This is something that all strips in this thickness (and with comparable pull) have in common, and this is a reason I am switching to a different design.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Not a knife, but a knife-related.

A prototype magnetic strip, 15x2.5x.75" in highly figured birdseye maple. This block has a pretty strong pull, and will work well for stainless and heavy carbon knives.

I since settled on a different design, and won't be making any more of this type. I am pricing it to move.

$55 shipped.

Attachment 13946

Attachment 13947

Edit: it is SPF even before I finished editing the post. *SPF*
    Very good looking, Marko, and a great choice of wood. I get tired of the walnut/wenge that's available elsewhere. And IMHO, 18" is the most useful size.

PM sent.

For those who purchased the recent practice knives from me, I am trying to wrap a few things before accepting payments for those, and start working on them, as that would just add more stress at the moment and stress negatively affects my productivity. I am a bit behind on communication, and apologize, but I will be in touch shortly.

M

Word. For me, I'd rather have a happy piece than stressed!

Heads up - Damascus Blades in Work

I won't be offering ready-made blades in monosteels for a time being due to the waiting list orders, but now and then I will offer damascus blades. There are currently 3 damascus sujis in work, 2 in JT 52100 and one in 50100 that I forged on my visit to Devin 3 years ago. All are in a ladder pattern.

All three will come with D style handles and matching wood sayas. Wood choice is not determined yet, but I will be a little more creative with the handle. All will have mokume tips.

M

Hello folks,
    I will be coming to ECG and will be bringing following items with me for sale:

260mm Ladder Damascus suji with saya in 50100 steeel. I forged this damascus bar on my visit to Devin almost 3 years ago.

260mm Ladder Damascus suji with saya in 52100. This steel was made by Devin's son, John. John hasn't surpassed his dad yet, but he is getting pretty darn close.

275mm Ladder Damascus suji in 52100 with saya. Steel by John Thomas.

240mm Chevron Damascus gyuto in 52100 with saya. Steel by John Thomas.

Haven't finalized the handle material, but will use material for sayas to create a nice match or contrast. Will not do a matching set, to keep prices down. Knives will be thinly ground and hand finished.

Will also bring a 12x18x2 cutting board in walnut as well as 24" magnetic strip in figured maple to showcase my work.

These items will be offered on first-come-first-served-bases for attendees, but should some be available for sale after the gathering, I will list them on my subforum or store.

Thanks you,

Marko

What, when and where is ECG?

Larry

+ Reply to Thread