Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 26
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

52100 is SPF.

Thanks folks.

Mystery carbon is a steel I would happily offer, but polishing is a problem. I could polish comfortably to Heiji level finish,after that, finer grit sandpaper just skids on the surface. I will keep thinking about it and hopefully will come up with a solution.

As pure carbon steels go, this is one of the good ones.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Dang
    Maybe ill simply queue up!

Marko, is a kuro uchi finish a possibility on the mystery carbon? Or perhaps a hammered (tsuchime) finish? Either one would bypass the polishing, at least on the sides of the blade.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

KU finish is impossible with my grind. There are some other finish possibilities, but at this time I will focus on the machine finish/hand finish (with silcarb polishing stones), or just the machine finish with ceramic belts.

I would like to get a bit more feedback on this steel before committing more time and resources to it.

A heads up on the upcoming knives.

I have to write a big check on Nov. 1, so I need to get some new knives out and these will have to be ready-made (for efficiency sake). I already started working on these.

I am aiming at having following knives completed by the Nov. 1st. Sayas will take a little longer, as finishing process takes several days. Knives will have S grind and will come with D handles for right hand use (sorry lefties). Will be super thin at the edge, but slightly thicker at the mid section and spine to give the knife more weight. D handle, with a neck lengh on the blade about 14-15mm (add this to the lengh to get a total lengh of the knife, tip to handle).

255mm workhorse gyuto. Target weight with the handle 260g. Hardness 62.5-63RC. A2 will have a special heat treatment that should result in a superb performance.
    A2 - 1
    52100 - 2
    Cost with a select grade poplar saya - $511. Shipping included.

240mm workhorse gyuto. Target weight in the area of 245g.
    A2 - 2
    52100 - 2
    Cost with a select grade poplar saya -$480

Handles will be a select gradeCocobolo and Lignum Vitae (LV will turn green over time and poplar sayas have gray color to them, so it will be a nice match). Both woods have some of the best feeling among natural woods on the contact.

100% satisfaction (especially for folks who are on the fence about A2) stands, as long as the knife is returned in condition received.

I can't take any reservations for these. Once the knives are completed (bar sayas), I will start posting them for sale, on the first-come-first serve basis. Thank you.

Marko, you're going to have a whole lot of people glued to their computers between now and Nov. 1. GLWS.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    Marko, you're going to have a whole lot of people glued to their computers between now and Nov. 1. GLWS.
    +1 I know I will be

Whoa! I'm down for a 240 in either steel! I'll be on the lookout

It's more likely to be 31st of 1st, as there is a lot of work to be done in these knives.

52100 240s are oversize, so blades are about 245mm on the edge. I profiled them a bit longer, to factor in broken tips down the road. 255mm are exactly 255, and about 55mm tall at the heel. 255 will have weight and height for a good workhorse knife.

I will have my assistant starting on Nov. 7. A 2-3 days of training and then I should immerse myself in custom orders. Farming out (in-house) prep work will save me a lot of time.

M

Profile is a hybrid between Masamoto ans Shigefusa profiles. The angle makes the blades look taller at the heel and shorter heel to tip than in a real life. Both have a flat spot and a curve, so the knife could be rocked, thought the curve is not overly pronounced.

I cut and profile knives by hand, so there will be minor variation in the profile from blade to blade.

Select grade poplar is similar to the one on the saya in the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131027_151638.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	19723

M