Quantcast
Knives Available for Sale - Page 34
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

Going to post wood choices samples so you guys have a better look. Will post pics shortly.
    Cocobolo
    Lignum Vitae
    Macassar Ebony
    Fiddleback Maple

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

still planning on posting pics of the wood samples?
    Approach life and cooking with reckless abandon

I started on a bunch of handles yesterday and today. Most are cocobolo and figured maple. Haven't cut into lignum vitae board yet. All in all, I should have all handed for recent practice knives made in the next 4-5 days.

Pics tomorrow, hopefully decent quality.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I started on a bunch of handles yesterday and today. Most are cocobolo and figured maple. Haven't cut into lignum vitae board yet. All in all, I should have all handed for recent practice knives made in the next 4-5 days.

M
    very excited

Doing one handle at a time is what kills any efficiency there is. Knives are ready for the most part, just some more work on handles today and will start shaping and installing them.

-Niels Bohr

Did the A2 workhorse get spoken for?

The A2 workhorse is coming in December. Don't have time to work onto it till then.

M

-Niels Bohr

M
    Yay, I'm special for picking macassar ebony! I'm excited to be getting one of your knives, but please tell me that you won't be working over Thanksgiving to make these knives happen.

I won't be working on Thursday, but will be working every day between now and then, and after. I try to find efficiency in every process but more often than not, you can only work at a certain speed, if you want to get a certain quality. So, it's the putting in time right now.

Having an assistant helps, as I don't have to do a prep work, but fitting, shaping, and finishing - I still do all that stuff.

-Niels Bohr

if you want to get a certain quality. So, it's the putting in time right now.

+ Reply to Thread