Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives Available for Sale

I am mixing posts, sorry.

These are practice knives that were offered in this thread a three months ago or so, and I am finally finishing and shipping these out.

I need to streamline my postings.

After a long hiatus, I made another octagonal handle (last one I made was a long time ago, been making D hanles exclusively), however I modified it - tapered the front for a better transition from a pinch to a handle grip. Did it just for fun, but it feels good in my hand, so I might offer it as an option.

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I like your octagon handle design.

Felt Strops on Walnut Bases and 1M Diamond Spray Package For Sale

I still have 3 of those available on a walnut base. Price is $74.95 for the set, shipping included in ConUs. International shipping - actual cost minus $7 credit. The package weighs 2.5Lb.

If you are US customer, you can purchase through the web site, if international, please email me and I will send you a PayPal invoice.

Thanks,

Marko

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1086.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	21625

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1085.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	21626

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

One strop SPF to zoze, one was previously bespoken (thanks for reminding), so the last one is remaining. I am not sure when I will do another run of these, time for accessories is becoming scarce, just giving you heads up.

Thanks,

Marko

The last one sold pending funds.

Thank you.

Marko

New Information On Stock Knives

I took a hard look at my waiting list and I won't be taking any new orders for over a year. Custom orders and paid ready-made orders will be my primary focus going forward.

Periodically I will need to try new things, such as new types of knives, new handles, new accessories, etc, to keep improving and streamlining my production process, even for the knives that I have been offering for a while. Some knives I might make in different steels, profiles, geometries, handle materials, etc, than custom orders, so they will be offered separately as stock knives. Recognizing that a year a half is a long time for those who didn't get on the list, I will also make a limited number of stock knives using information gathered from knives surveys on my web site.

Rather than selling stock knives on a first-come-first-served basis, I am going to run a lottery for each knife. It's a little tedious, but I think a lottery system is fair and everybody gets a fair shot. I am going to keep stock knives separate from lottery knives I have in a different thread, as they serve a slightly different purpose in my mind.

The rules for participants are the following.
    -Have over 10 posts on KKF
    -Up to 25 entries for drawing or 12 hours, whichever is first
    - You need to sign up for each drawing, link is below
    -If you win, you won't be eligible to participate in another drawing for 1 month

I will post these periodically, without a fixed time in mind, but I will send an email announcing the upcoming post to those who were specified in surveys starting with the next knife.

So, for the start, I have a 150mm western handle honesuki in AEB-L for your consideration. I committed to produce a batch of these, so I spent some time tweaking the process. This knife is close to the production version I will offer, though there are some minute differences (steel type, thickness, etc). I am quite happy how the knife turned out and it carries same warranty as my other knives.

The knife is 3mm at the handle, 2.25mm 50mm from the tip, 150mm on the edge. Handle - Coke bottle shaped in cocobolo with blackwood endcap. I ground the blade and working on the handle so the knife should be finished tomorrow.

$270+Shipping in ConUs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Hi Marko,

Are "stock knives" and your "ready-made knives" the same thing?

I got on your ready-made gyuto list a few months ago, do I need to do something, or I just wait until you get to my request on your list someday?

Regards,

Bef

Marko, I'm little confuse between your "stock knives" & "lottery knives" drawing ....

say if I win "stock knives", I won't eligible to participate only "stock knives" drawing for 1 month or both "stock knives" & "lottery knives" drawing for 1 month??
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    Marko, I'm little confuse between your "stock knives" & "lottery knives" drawing ....

say if I win "stock knives", I won't eligible to participate only "stock knives" drawing for 1 month or both "stock knives" & "lottery knives" drawing for 1 month??
    Sorry for the confusion. Hope the explanation below is satisfactory.

Lottery Knives - Knives I don't often make (250+ gyuto, 280+ suji, 13-14" scimitar, miroshi deba, etc). I will make one knife per week for a lottery drawing. If you win a lottery knife, you can't participate in another Lottery Knives drawing for 3 months (reduced from 6 months).

Stock Knives or Ready-Made - knives that I might have available for sale for one reason or another. For instance, when I make a batch, I typically make an extra one or two knives, just in case. Also, when I try to improve on a production process, or test a new approach, the knife I make in process is extra. I used to put them up for sale on first-come-first-serve basis, but decided to do a lottery drawing for these instead, as it would give a fair shot to all interested. If you win a stock knife,you can't participate in another Stock Knives drawing for one month. There is no schedule for these - I might end up with several knives per month, or might end up with none.

You can participate in both lottery and stock knives drawing at the same time.

thanks!! now, all I need is luck......
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!