Knife for JR

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Double high carbon feather, quilted maple handle, paper micarta butt cap, mokume guard and corby bolt, 240mm

Hoss

001.jpg

002.JPG

003.jpg

It is fantastic - I can't wait to have it in my hands! Thanks for making this heirloom - It will be passed down generation by generation. Issue is I have 2 kids... so I'm going to have to get back in line for a 2nd knife!

That is some beautiful feather pattern Hoss!!!

The knife came in today - very glad I am home!
The blade... of course... is amazing. The 3D effect of the wood is awesome - if you can believe it the pictures don't do the knife justice! Nice and sharp too! Going to have to make something special for dinner tonight!
Thanks Devin, looking forward to my next project with you... will be starting to save now!

Beautiful Knife!
I really like the way you positioned the center of the feather to follow the underside of the handle.
Makes it so the top half of the feather forms a profile like a slicer, then the bottom portion a mirror image for a tall profile.
A lot of the feather patterns I see on other makers knives look like they are positioned wrong.
This one looks just right.

It will be tough to top this one.
Unless.......maybe something in a multi-bar Turkish Twist.

Beautiful Knife!
I really like the way you positioned the center of the feather to follow the underside of the handle.
Makes it so the top half of the feather forms a profile like a slicer, then the bottom portion a mirror image for a tall profile.
A lot of the feather patterns I see on other makers knives look like they are positioned wrong.
This one looks just right.

It will be tough to top this one.
Unless.......maybe something in a multi-bar Turkish Twist.

+1

...you know you like your new knife when it's the picture on your PC's desktop. Used it last night... I am enjoying everything (functional) about it... balance, weight, grind, shape, height, thickness, fit and finish is amazing. If I could afford to do an entire set like this, I would. The feathering is starting to turn blue after cutting up some beef. I love how this is looking! When the patina has "matured" I'll add a shot to the "blue" thread. I can't say enough good things Devin - thank you!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your knife, congratulations again!

+1

I noticed this as well, and think it makes a positive difference to the overall look.

Beautiful work Devin, and congrats to the new owner.

Back