Quantcast
My new knife from Heiji - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new knife from Heiji

That is a nice looking profile, and I am sure everything else is just as great.

I like the look of the burnt chestnut handle a lot.

I can't wait to see more pics, congrats!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    I don't want to put a downer on things but customs are really going to do you when the knife arrives in the country. I recently got charged £90 for a £190 knife.
    Well that successfully puts a downer on things!

[QUOTE=Moodymann;113359]Well that successfully puts a downer on things![/QUOTE

Tax/VAT and import duty for the UK runs at 28% so Aphex must have paid a lot for the services of the shipping company for a £190 knife doesn't sound right to me. Anyway all of the retailers and Japanese makers have been erm understanding so I've either paid nothing or considerably less. UK taxes what a rip off makes me sick but still cheaper than you'd pay no doubt if you could actually buy a knife such as the one you've purchased in the UK. If its not been sent or for future purchases have a word with the retailer/manufacturer as all have been very accommodating.

The ammount i paid in tax was'nt right, that's why i was so peeved. Customs seem to be making it up as they go along at the moment, particulary with stuff from the US.

They are still mad about 1812.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post

Anyway all of the retailers and Japanese makers have been erm understanding so I've either paid nothing or considerably less.

If its not been sent or for future purchases have a word with the retailer/manufacturer as all have been very accommodating.
    As far as I know it's not been sent, I asked for the knife to be sharpened for use. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me on how I can be accommodated?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    really diggin that handle
    me too, i was expecting it to be darker. He sent me a few images before ordering, here they are.

They are usually 3.5mm or so at the ferrule, but taper considerably. Thin edges.

I wish I could use one, but alas, can't get high on my own supply.

+ Reply to Thread