Quantcast
What's your favorite stones? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite stones?

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    It's funny I've never seen this thread before. I think it's awesome 2 of Dave's faves are the King 800 and 1200. They are 2 of my most-used, favorites. I was always kinda embarrassed to tell anyone because they are so cheap!-Well, not in quality.

Yeah they get dissed but I swear by them. I use the 800x all of the time too but I've got one of those ginormous suckers and that's even nicer.

I have a regular King 800, and I use it an awful lot, especially for polishing finishes.

my current sharpening setup is my favorite yet: Shapton Pro 320->1000 Chosera->Gesshin 8000.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    That's great to hear.

Shayla and her what? When did this happen? Well congrats!!
    She has been married going on 2 1/2 years and now has a daughter named Jewelya with the picture below taken on the 17th of this month of her first birthday party with Shayla and David her husband. Oh and that is great grand child #7.

Name:  IMG_1331.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  27.5 KB
    --
    Joe

spoiled myself early on (after a year with a togiharu 1k/4k combo), with gesshin 400, 2k, 4k. have to say, i find myself really enjoying sharpening with these guys. i keep 'em in the pond all the time.
    just found a shapton pro 1500 at work, been digging that too actually

Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    She has been married going on 2 1/2 years and now has a daughter named Jewelya with the picture below taken on the 17th of this month of her first birthday party with Shayla and David her husband. Oh and that is great grand child #7.

Name:  IMG_1331.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  27.5 KB

Awesome news - congrats Grandpop - you old bastid!

I always enjoy reading the stone combos people come up with and I've tried some of the weird ones myself and am usually nicely surprised so keep them coming.

DMT xxc and course
    Shapton 500
    1k, 3k and 5k Superstones
    Sharpton 8k and 16k
    Kitiyama
    felt and 1micron diamond

I recently switched to a splash and go set up. The line up seems to suit my sharpening style well. I'm a little slow, soft and deliberate. The Superstones are butter smooth, and I'm not much of a gauger, so I haven't had any problems.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    It's funny I've never seen this thread before. I think it's awesome 2 of Dave's faves are the King 800 and 1200. They are 2 of my most-used, favorites. I was always kinda embarrassed to tell anyone because they are so cheap!-Well, not in quality.
    As much as you do for forum members , and as good as your work is, you have absolutely nothing to embarrassed about. It's reassuring that guys like you and Dave can achieve great results without the next best thing .

I have a King 800 but never use it and was gonna buy something in the 700-800 range to replace it and go with a 2 stone setup with my Rika, but I might give the King another go

I just ordered and received both of these , Combination (Two Sided) 1000x/6000x Water Stone & the King Deluxe 1200 , and the guide also I have a few other water stones from when I was stationed in Okinawa . I will soon have to replace .

Sam