Quantcast
Summer School 2012 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer School 2012

My dad talked to you on the phone the other day and signed up actually. I am picking up a carbon gyuto to over night him tomorrow; luckily for me he is giving it back to me as a "thank you" Hopefully I'll get to meet you one day too, I'm jealous. BUT I cant wait to get some pointers from him later on! I'd love to take the class if I had more time.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

much more awesomer
    I'm a definite "no" now as well. I'm off on Sunday, but the way my flights have worked out next week I've had to move my "vacation" by a couple of days. I couldn't possibly justify getting to Allentown (and on up to your place) and then three days later heading back out to go to the other side of the world. Next time -- there's always a next time.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

It's getting hot in the shop so make sure that you dress cool for the class people.

They got these fancy department stores in and around Philly that sells these box shaped things. You stick 'em in yer window and hook it up to some electricity and it blows out cold air. Now I just keep cool by staying in my cement pond.

I only wish that I could do A/C in this shop. I have at least one A/C unit in storage but the windows in the shop are flip out and won't allow for them to be installed. Two years ago my neighbor lent me his roll around portable unit that cools his entire house and it couldn't put a dent in the shop heat. I sometimes think about those giant ass evaporative cooler things but I'm afraid of rusting up all my equipment. So unless I can figure out something else I'm stuck with fans.

Window boxes can be installed in walls if you cut holes in the wall!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Window boxes can be installed in walls if you cut holes in the wall!

We rent

If you hang canvas tarps over the holes they won't know!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Let's make that 3 people I'm short this weekend now. I'm starting to consider your advice Dave.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

+ Reply to Thread