The black kitchen mistress

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Some knives i ran across, thoughts?
they do have some interesting folder mechanism.

V5DQh.jpg
[/IMG]

IVUwk.gif
[/IMG]

more here it's worth a look.
http://www.scorpiodesign.de/kitchen-mistress?lang=en

I've seen this guys work before. Very cool stuff, and also very pretty.

Hmm. I don't like the blade profiles but the seamless transition part sounds interesting.

Personally don't like at all the first blade looks like a water melon (pattern) and the second although innovative is not appealing (to me) also moving parts equals greater potential for failure/breakage.

Those handles and some profiles look funny. Maybe OK for MOMA but I just can't see it be very well received in pro kitchen environment.

M

The folding technology is cool, but most folders I find the handle too small anyway, (anything less then a 5 inch blade). The kitchen knives? Way too expensive, few master blacksmiths can get away with prices like that and this guy doesn't give any qualifications as far as I can see from a quick glance at his site. His carving set looks like a joke from some guy that doesn't understand the simple concept of a kitchen knife. Seriously the one blade must be less then 5 inches long given the overall length, how am I gonna cut a roast with that without sawing it to hell?

The profile doesn't do anything for me and the knives are way too expensive.

:hoss:
Those handles and some profiles look funny. Maybe OK for MOMA but I just can't see it be very well received in pro kitchen environment.

M
I think Marko has it right about MOMA and for $1371 a little too much i mean you could have a HOSS knife for that.
just something different to see and share.

They look cool. I have no desire to own one, but they look cool.

I would be the guy getting his finger stuck in the folding mechanism...

Clever, novel, and kinda pretty, but yeah ... as for functionality....seems questionable.

I was trying to figure out what that top damy pattern looked like, then it dawned on me:
watermelon.jpg

imple concept of a kitchen knife. Seriously the one blade must be less then 5 inches long given the overall length, how am I gonna cut a roast with that without sawing it to hell?

I don't think he knows what "carver" means to many people. The fork is small as well, and wouldn't be appropriate for a turkey or roast. I think this is a place setting for a steak dinner....and expensive one. shrug

Looks like I'd break that ******* thing day one. :lol2:

Looks like knives either designed by someone who's never worked in a kitchen, or is a big fan of goth music/ The Nightmare Before Christmas. Or all of the above...

It looks appealing to the eye and thats about it.

I think its for those who enter their kitchen just to walk through and get to some other room.

Back