1909-1936 belt grinder's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
back in the day you could make your belts with glue and sapphire quartz.
I like the double sand disc machine.

le1xy.png
[/IMG]

Wlwo.png
[/IMG]

fpwS9.png
[/IMG]

and a grinder

u9jnQ.png
[/IMG]

and some cutters
p5LKF.png
[/IMG]

then cook it on this.
8a6dH.png
[/IMG]

and you have to have a knife.
hvmas.png
[/IMG]

I want a big "The Universal Food Chopper" poster. Thanks for continually sharing these interesting finds.

I like the kraut cutters. When I was a child in Germany, my grandma still used to make her own sauerkraut - like everyone else in the village. One of the guys in the village - he must have been over 80 years old when he retired - owned a large kraut cutter. During the season he went from house to house and, for a meal and a few marks or some sausages, helped people cut their cabbages. Those, of course, were grown in the yards behind the house or, in our case, on a patch of land next to the river.

Stefan

new and improved 3 blade
anlBV.png
[/IMG]

They were a little bigger in those days . I wonder were the other scale is.
akYP.png
[/IMG]

I'm sure Mark has one of those slabs ;) Man, just imagine how old that tree must have been.

Stefan

I'm a sucker for the cast iron ovens, my wife has to drag me away from them everytime I find one.

Well here you go from catalogs from 1890-1905 three different makers.

SZF3j.png
[/IMG]

zand0.png
[/IMG]

7rLD.png
[/IMG]

Knife grinder water cooled
CtheB.png
[/IMG]

05ymG.png
[/IMG]

1897 catalog

Must of been fun with so many resources in 1922 to make knifes

rUlQK.png
[/IMG]

Amazing thread, Thanks Steeley for posting this stuff :)

I don't know where you come up with this stuff but I really enjoy these threads!

Dave

Thank's guys

lately I have been going through trade catalogs from hardware to butchers and packers and knife cutler and butchers advocate .
lots of pages sort of a mix of everything from cooking to knife makers in the 1800-1940.

this chef Jake .

Bx8R1.jpg
[/IMG]

This is from a coutellerie from Theirs France this is one page of drawings of there wares sort of a portfolio.
and yes there Sabatier
z4cJt.png
[/IMG]

This is a butcher shop in Hungary in 1900's
mmmmmm sausage
qKpBA.jpg
[/IMG]

You're asking for a reload of a 2 1/2 year old thread??? :scratchhead: Mr. Steeley has new old stuff to entertain us with.

You're asking for a reload of a 2 1/2 year old thread??? :scratchhead: Mr. Steeley has new old stuff to entertain us with.

I am just learning the ropes around here. Is bumping old threads unwelcome? I'd like to see these old grinders. Is it wrong for me to ask?

This is the problem with hosting pictures off site - they disappear too easily.

You said it.
my image host back then give up and closed so no images for those old post and I can't edit them .
so sad:cry:
so you would like to see grindstones?

Back